To Protect and to Serve II

I wouldn't have put a penny into the drawer for the guy. The first fault lays with the store for doing a 2 for whatever sale and charging people full price for one item.
Which is why I say this shouldn't have been a police matter.

This goes back to he whole idea of "I set the rules, but the police enforces them". No, the police are already doing enough to enforce the laws/edicts of these politicians. Now a private homeowner or business owner is going to establish arbitrary rules and expect the police to enforce those, as well?

I wouldn't have put a penny into the drawer for the guy. The first fault lays with the store for doing a 2 for whatever sale and charging people full price for one item. Think of how much money this one incident will cost them by paying an employee to go to court numerous times over 43 cents.
When I was in college, I had a job at a convenience store and was working night shift. The store manager made it clear that if I broke the liquor laws and sold even one beer after hours, they could lose their license and I could be held liable for knowingly breaking the laws. One night, a guy came in after hours and tried to buy beer and I wouldn't sell it to him, so he just went back to the cooler and picked up an entire case and ran out the door with it. Since it was alcohol, I called the police over it to keep my butt out of trouble and when the fine upstanding Knoxville police officer showed up he reamed my ass over the store not having locks on the beer coolers and pretty much blamed me for it and left.
This is just one of many interactions with the police that made no sense to me, but formed an opinion of how they operate.

Oh, I understand and as the innocent party have formed some they’re worm scum opinions about a few officer interactions I’ve had.

Which is why I say this shouldn't have been a police matter.

This goes back to he whole idea of "I set the rules, but the police enforces them". No, the police are already doing enough to enforce the laws/edicts of these politicians. Now a private homeowner or business owner is going to establish arbitrary rules and expect the police to enforce those, as well?
I'm guessing that the average convenience store probably gets ripped off for $100 a day in theft and this store was worried about 43 cents on an item that, if the truth be told, they had already marked down on their taxes as a 2 for deal.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
This body cam footage is almost painful to watch as this woman screams for the entire 11 minutes of it. These officers were more patient than I would have been. Also, when did cars start having laminated windows put in the sides?

This body cam footage is almost painful to watch as this woman screams for the entire 11 minutes of it. These officers were more patient than I would have been. Also, when did cars start having laminated windows put in the sides?

WOW!!!!
That has to be some mental illness issue.
She escalated that 10 fold. You’re right, officers did not go rogue on her and showed great patience.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Fkn cops... alway harassing people on petty s^^t. There had to be a killer or unsolved murder he could have been trying resolve. Can't stand these jackboots.

Did you guys hear about the kid in TX that plowed down some cyclists in his truck and was not arrested and has not been charged with anything?

The cops who made the arrest did not pronounce the sentence. Why is this their fault?

EDIT: Granted, over 43 cents I pull a buck out of my wallet to make it right, avoid the arrest, and the report. Maybe give him a CTW for the business. But still, it wasn't the arresting officer(s) who banged the gavel.

Blame where blame is due.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
The cops who made the arrest did not pronounce the sentence. Why is this their fault?

EDIT: Granted, over 43 cents I pull a buck out of my wallet to make it right, avoid the arrest, and the report. Maybe give him a CTW for the business. But still, it wasn't the arresting officer(s) who banged the gavel.

Blame where blame is due.
The arresting officer made the arrest... It is his fault.

Discretion and common sense is all it takes.

Fkn cops... alway harassing people on petty s^^t. There had to be a killer or unsolved murder he could have been trying resolve. Can't stand these jackboots.
Well…. She was speeding in a school zone… that said…. There’s a lot of dumb on both sides of this one.
She was acting a total fool and the cop that busted out the window?….. wtf… totally unnecessary… he should have just hit the power lock button on the driver’s side.

Well…. She was speeding in a school zone… that said…. There’s a lot of dumb on both sides of this one.
She was acting a total fool and the cop that busted out the window?….. wtf… totally unnecessary… he should have just hit the power lock button on the driver’s side.
Well, he wasn't first in line when the brains were handed out.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Hog88 get out of your car and lets see how stuff u r

Just dawned on me. You might be one of the little Hendersonville PD steroid gang, if you are and any of your little buddies including my ex SIL feel froggy then jump. Then next time one of you puffs out your chest telling me what you‘re going to do we’re going to find out.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Just dawned on me. You might be one of the little Hendersonville PD steroid gang, if you are and any of your little buddies including my ex SIL feel froggy then jump. Then next time one of you puffs out your chest telling me what you‘re going to do we’re going to find out.
Be careful, uncle Joe is letting in the potent stuff from Mehico, these guys aren't to be messed with.

Ex SIL? This must be a recent development….have you been getting rowdy with the H’ville ticket writers? One sits in the parking lot of the building next door to my office practically all day every day….. or behind a little white church across the street. I can’t figure out if he’s running radar or sleeping because I never see him pull over any cars.

VN Store

Back