To Protect and to Serve II

There seems to be quite a few stories about cops pulling someone over for a busted tail light and then wanting to search the vehicle. Same thing happened with a UT football player here recently. Why do they need to search the vehicle in these instances? If the only problem is that one of the tail lights is out, tell the person to get it fixed and let them go or at most write them a ticket for it. A defective break light alone doesn't present the need to search the vehicle.
That’s not what happened with the UT player

That’s not what happened with the UT player
That was the only thing you wanted to comment on?
There seems to be quite a few stories about cops pulling someone over for a busted tail light and then wanting to search the vehicle. Same thing happened with a UT football player here recently. Why do they need to search the vehicle in these instances? If the only problem is that one of the tail lights is out, tell the person to get it fixed and let them go or at most write them a ticket for it. A defective break light alone doesn't present the need to search the vehicle.

All you care to comment on is me having my facts mixed up on the UT player situation? Nothing else in that entire post?
If you are asking if i think officers should be pulling people over for cracked windshields or no license tag light than no. I never did that. Pulling people over for moving traffic violations like running red lights or speeding is for prevention of traffic accidents. Pulling people over for headlights being out or things like that can be a safety issue especially at night, but things on a vehicle that can be fixed are usually dropped if the person shows they fixed it. There are times that officers use traffic violations because they have reasonable suspicion that other criminal activity is or has occurred but that comes with investigative experience.

I am not an advocate of pulling everyone over for everything and writing them a ticket. That is more a THP kind of method. I support making streets safer and stopping actual criminals.

Discretion???

LA County Sheriff Says He Will Not Enforce New Indoor Mask Mandate | ZeroHedge

“Forcing the vaccinated and those who already contracted COVID-19 to wear masks indoors is not backed by science and contradicts the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines,” Villanueva said in a statement.

“The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (DPH) has authority to enforce the order, but the underfunded/defunded Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will not expend our limited resources and instead ask for voluntary compliance.

“We encourage the DPH to work collaboratively with the Board of Supervisors and law enforcement to establish mandates that are both achievable and supported by science.”

Some cops are complete morons. 3 idiots in unmarked pickups came a gnats ass away from causing a major wreck in Gallatin. Who trains these morons?

Don't know what they were doing but they were driving like morons through an intersection even splitting lanes.
My guess would be that a fellow officer got stung by a bee and they unloaded the entire fleet of surrounding county police to come to the aid of a fellow officer at the peril of any citizen that gets in their way.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Again, if you think these cops won't confiscate your guns if they are given the orders to do so, you guys are delusional. These cops get hyped up to put their boot on your neck.

Health Dept. Shuts Down Kids' Lemonade Stand in Richmond
Illinois finally trying to do something right.... stop the attacks on lemonade and cupcakes.

Hayli’s Law would protect lemonade stands from government in Illinois

Hayli’s Law unanimously passed the Illinois House May 26 after passing the Illinois Senate in April. It will next be sent to Gov. J.B. Pritzker to be signed into law to ensure children under 16 can run a lemonade stand without a permit or license.

Hayli’s case follows that of another 11-year-old girl in Madison County who was told she could no longer continue her $200-a-month cupcake business. That inspired the 2014 “Cupcake Law,” which allows home bakeries to operate without professional certification as long as the baker labels items and doesn’t make over $1,000 a month. However, counties must approve the law before it can go into effect. Only eight had enacted it by 2018, and it was recently enacted by River Forest and Bradley.

Ras, I don't know...but would think...that you realize that weed, especially good weed, has a very pungent odor. Personally, I have lost count of the number of times I have approached a vehicle on a traffic stop and smelled weed the instant the window went down. Sometimes it's because they've been smoking it, and sometimes it's just because it's there. But I've never thought I smelled it and not found it. It's like walking into Pizza Hut. You just know what's inside when the door opens.

The pros are moving large quantities in well-sealed packages. They can beat me, but not the dog. The amateurs? Unless they packed it away well, and especially if they've just tossed a bag in the glovebox or console, that bag of traveling herb is easier to smell than a fart in church. Fortunately for most, I'm a "grind it into the dirt" type if it's less than an ounce. I've got better things to do than make a living on misdemeanor weed. Same way I let 'em pour it out on open containers. Absent more serious charges that I cannot ignore, I always give them the choice, and so far it's been 100% grind/pour and move on.

Here's a helpful traveling tip: Leave your bag of weed in your overnight bag until you get to Daytona. Don't smoke one for the road, or on the road, and don't roll one for when you get to the beach. Makes it too easy for me. Oh...and vacuum up all the shake out of your floorboards before you hit the road. Too obvious, and automatic PC for a deeper look. In all honesty, I'm not all that interested in you, or your hippie lettuce. But if you blow past me at 90+, and then there's a bag of weed in your car, well...you are what we refer to as "Low Hanging Fruit", so don't blame us if you get picked (on).

This Public Safety Announcement brought to you by those of us who wish you were smarter.

Ras, I don't know...but would think...that you realize that weed, especially good weed, has a very pungent odor. Personally, I have lost count of the number of times I have approached a vehicle on a traffic stop and smelled weed the instant the window went down. Sometimes it's because they've been smoking it, and sometimes it's just because it's there. But I've never thought I smelled it and not found it. It's like walking into Pizza Hut. You just know what's inside when the door opens.

The pros are moving large quantities in well-sealed packages. They can beat me, but not the dog. The amateurs? Unless they packed it away well, and especially if they've just tossed a bag in the glovebox or console, that bag of traveling herb is easier to smell than a fart in church. Fortunately for most, I'm a "grind it into the dirt" type if it's less than an ounce. I've got better things to do than make a living on misdemeanor weed. Same way I let 'em pour it out on open containers. Absent more serious charges that I cannot ignore, I always give them the choice, and so far it's been 100% grind/pour and move on.

Here's a helpful traveling tip: Leave your bag of weed in your overnight bag until you get to Daytona. Don't smoke one for the road, or on the road, and don't roll one for when you get to the beach. Makes it too easy for me. Oh...and vacuum up all the shake out of your floorboards before you hit the road. Too obvious, and automatic PC for a deeper look. In all honesty, I'm not all that interested in you, or your hippie lettuce. But if you blow past me at 90+, and then there's a bag of weed in your car, well...you are what we refer to as "Low Hanging Fruit", so don't blame us if you get picked (on).

This Public Safety Announcement brought to you by those of us who wish you were smarter.
A long time ago, I’m reading an affidavit, prepping for a late afternoon consultation. Officer alleges he initiated a traffic stop because he smelled weed coming from a blue Honda Accord while driving behind it. I audibly muttered “********.”

Dude no shows for the consult. Not uncommon. After waiting as long as I can, I pack up and head off to municipal court. As I’m turning out of the parking lot, windows up, I catch a faint whiff of marijuana. I look around and by god here comes a blue Honda Accord pulling into the lot. I laughed and sent word to my secretary to refer him to some attorney I don’t care for.

VN Store

Back