To Protect and to Serve II

@Rasputin_Vol
Read this and tell me what you think
I saw that last night and then I re-read everything again a few moments ago. With the exception of the first item, everything else sounds reasonable. But the first item on the list has me scratching my head a bit. It seems to address mental health, Latino outreach and "broken windows" policing. My understanding of broken windows policing is an aggressive approach to minor infractions.

Last edited:
If the kid is a threat to other kids around him and his parent is insistent on having him in a regular school instead of a mental facility, then the police are the best option in this situation. That kid that shot up the school in Florida a few years back was a psycho and everyone knew it. The school couldn’t do a flippin’ thing about it.

Says he’s special needs. What do you mean by a mental facility?

If schools are having all these issues with kids, it sounds like we have a mental health issue the government needs to address.

Asking an actual question because I don't know. After reading it sounds good, is the policy working?
It helps that the guy in charge seems to be a great guy. We didn’t have riots here because he was in front of the problem. He’s had a positive affect on the Hamilton county sheriff as well

Reactions: tntar heel
It helps that the guy in charge seems to be a great guy. We didn’t have riots here because he was in front of the problem. He’s had a positive affect on the Hamilton county sheriff as well

Disagree about Hammond. He’s only gotten worse.

I like what Roddy says, but I can’t say I’ve seen CPD has gotten noticeably better under his tenure. Some of his early hires and promotions were absolute garbage.

I don’t think either one of them is the problem with law enforcement in Chattanooga.

Last edited:
Hammond called in the TBI to investigate the police brutality in the Sherrifs department on the advice of Roddy. No coverup and outside oversight. That’s progress.
Which one? Everything I’ve seen has been Neal Pinkston calling in TBI and Hammond doing the typical wagon circling. I may have missed something, but I’ve never had a high opinion of Hammond. Ironically, I’ve always felt the % of HCSO officers who are major dicks was lower than CPD.

When did we get the power to say dicks and it not be censored? I thought that **** always got the *** treatment.

Which one? Everything I’ve seen has been Neal Pinkston calling in TBI and Hammond doing the typical wagon circling. I may have missed something, but I’ve never had a high opinion of Hammond. Ironically, I’ve always felt the % of HCSO officers who are major dicks was lower than CPD.
I’m no fan of Hammond either. It’s just what I heard you’re correct though. We’ve got a long way to go with the county

Says he’s special needs. What do you mean by a mental facility?

If schools are having all these issues with kids, it sounds like we have a mental health issue the government needs to address.
The government has addressed it with the "no child left behind." They've created a mess. Special needs is a generic statement that can includes everything from ADHD to Psychosis. I know enough teachers with horror stories of bad (not misguided) kids in public schools. There's a kid I know of that is psychotic and has to be assigned multiple people to watch him the entire time he's at school to keep him from hurting other kids. He needs to be locked up, but the school can't do a thing about it. He's the type that will grow up to be a school shooter.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I’m no fan of Hammond either. It’s just what I heard you’re correct though. We’ve got a long way to go with the county

I think Chattanooga is still recovering from the Violence Reduction Initiative and some bad policies that came about during that, which all got laid bare during the so-called gang injunctions fiasco that got thrown out of court. I’m not sure they’re doing what they need to do to repair that damage in highland park and Alton Park, but I’m honestly not sure it would matter, either.

Last edited:
The government has addressed it with the "no child left behind." They've created a mess. Special needs is a generic statement that can includes everything from ADHD to Psychosis. I know enough teachers with horror stories of bad (not misguided) kids in public schools. There's a kid I know of that is psychotic and has to be assigned multiple people to watch him the entire time he's at school to keep him from hurting other kids. He needs to be locked up, but the school can't do a thing about it. He's the type that will grow up to be a school shooter.

Like I said, there’s not enough mental health resources to deal with it. Lock kids up? That’s stupidity. If a kid is watched all day by multiple people, he doesn’t need to be locked up in a mental facility but given proper care and maybe therapy to help control himself. I’m glad you can predict the future of what kids will do.

I think Chattanooga is still recovering from the Violence Reduction Initiative and some bad policies that came about during that, which all got laid bare during the so-called gang injunctions fiasco that got thrown out of court. I’m not sure they’re doing what they need to do to repair that damage in highland park and Alton Park, but I’m honestly not sure it would matter, either.

I agree.
You’ve heard me complain about the need for reforms. These reforms are a good start but are just a start. It also needs to be more widely publicized. More information and discussion in public is a good thing

Like I said, there’s not enough mental health resources to deal with it. Lock kids up? That’s stupidity. If a kid is watched all day by multiple people, he doesn’t need to be locked up in a mental facility but given proper care and maybe therapy to help control himself. I’m glad you can predict the future of what kids will do.
The kid has been killing small animals with his bare hands. He’s a psycho. The school and his workers are terrified of him. He will soon be too strong for them to be able to subdue him when he has an outburst. Stupidity is not understanding what actually goes on schools and then telling people that know what the situation is that they’re clueless.
Your idea is to ruin the learning process for the other kids and take away money for education so that it can spent on additional security for ONE kid.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
The kid has been killing small animals with his bare hands. He’s a psycho. The school and his workers are terrified of him. He will soon be too strong for them to be able to subdue him when he has an outburst. Stupidity is not understanding what actually goes on schools and then telling people that know what the situation is that they’re clueless.
Your idea is to ruin the learning process for the other kids and take away money for education so that it can spent on additional security for ONE kid.
Killing animals with his bare hands?...... if that’s true the guy is a Jeffrey Dahmer in training.

Your idea is to throw a kid in jail basically for the rest of their life for something they had no control over when born and for what crime? That’s stupidity.

Where did I say they had to stay in that environment with the other kids? I said they needed resources to get the help they need.

Killing animals with his bare hands?...... if that’s true the guy is a Jeffrey Dahmer in training.
Yes, it is true. He’s frightening and very few people outside of his parents and the teachers/admin at the school know. His parents insist that he is normal and refuse to accept that there is something very, very wrong with him.

Lemonade stand robbed in Illinois

Unbelievable. I love it when blacks walk around in the heat of August wearing a pull over hoodie with the hood pulled up. There used to be a guy that did that in my neighborhood and every time I saw him I made a point to speak to him and look him in the eyes. I don't know if he had any bad intentions or not, but at least he knew that I could identify him.

Unbelievable. I love it when blacks walk around in the heat of August wearing a pull over hoodie with the hood pulled up. There used to be a guy that did that in my neighborhood and every time I saw him I made a point to speak to him and look him in the eyes. I don't know if he had any bad intentions or not, but at least he knew that I could identify him.
Takes a real winner to rob a lemonade stand.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
ZCriYBk9.jpeg

VN Store

Back