To Protect and to Serve II

So the other day I took care of 2 LEOs (1 local and 1 federal) and I have to say that both seemed to be exceptional people. In fact, the federal guy was one of the nicest patients I’ve dealt with in some time. I probably spent half my day in their room just shootin the s**t. He was one of those patients that I wonder who got more out of the interaction, him or me.

Not that it’s really relevant but I’ve always said that as critical as I am of LE most of the time that it’s only fair when I take note of the positive experiences.

Last edited:
So the other day I took care of 2 LEOs (1 local and 1 federal) and I have to say that both seemed to be exceptional people. In fact, the federal guy was one of the nicest patients I’ve dealt with in some time. I probably spent half my day in their room just shootin the s**t. He was one of those patients that I wonder who got more out of the interaction, him or me.

Not that it’s really relevant but I’ve always said that as critical as I am of LE most of the time that it’s only fair when I take note of the positive experiences.
This thread and the discussions have made me be more observant of the police and their behavior. I was at a rec league BB game last week and the ref started yelling and pointing at one of the kids.....11-12 year old boy.... telling him to be quiet and "you need to calm down!"..... but the kid wasn't even doing anything even remotely close to deserving it... well the kids dad told the ref he was the one that needed to calm down ..... which prompted a dad from the other team to make a comment I couldn't hear.... the first dad responded and told the other dad and the ref that he needed to get control of the game..... the cop that was there walks over and straight out of the gate acted like a complete dick. The kids dad held his composure but I'm afraid I'd have had to say enough to get myself removed from the gym. The cop made a really bad impression and an ass of himself.... several people made comments to him about him acting foolish

I've been in and around law enforcement for a decade now. Although I think exceptional people like the individual you mentioned are rare in the human race in general, the majority of the people I've met in LE are good people. A few assholes, a few idiots, sprinkled with a couple of people who I wonder ever made it beyond a background check.

But I've met more people who give more than they get, who serve rather than enforce, who show compassion instead of berate and who truly deserve it when someone says "thank you for your service."

Thanks for the story, Cody.

Not even remotely the same.

California Democrat Threatens "Nukes" If Americans Don't Hand Over Their Guns

In a USA Today op-ed entitled “Ban assault weapons, buy them back, go after resisters,” Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., argued Thursday that prior proposals to ban assault weapons “would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come.”

Swalwell proposes that the government should offer up to $1,000 for every weapon covered by a new ban, estimating that it would take $15 billion to buy back roughly 15 million weapons - and “criminally prosecute any who choose to defy [the buyback] by keeping their weapons.”

Great, yeah, let’s nuke millions to save hundreds. And while we’re at it let’s nuke the rural agrarian parts of the country where we grow our food.

Democrats getting an early start on shouting themselves in the foot for 2020. Pun intended.

Great, yeah, let’s nuke millions to save hundreds. And while we’re at it let’s nuke the rural agrarian parts of the country where we grow our food.

Democrats getting an early start on shouting themselves in the foot for 2020. Pun intended.

It's a bad pun.

Everyone knows liberals hate guns.

Explains why I wait three hours in the waiting room, and another two in the exam room after getting my blood pressure taken. lol

A KPD friend of mine said the guy they questioned was a Aryan Nation Gang member.
But they let him go already. Obviously whoever did it had it planned. They seem to be sending a message with the attack. Thankfully the officer wasn’t killed.

But they let him go already. Obviously whoever did it had it planned. They seem to be sending a message with the attack. Thankfully the officer wasn’t killed.
They suspect him or someone associated with him. Just not enough evidence to charge hm, yet.

VN Store

Back