'19 TN WR Trey Knox

Trust me this one is done to OSU. I know people deep in the OSU program and he's a silent to them.

200.gif

Knox: My favorite candy bar is Snickers.
Beard: No way! Mine too!
Knox: Coach what's your favorite food?
Beard: I like a lot of things tell me your favorite.
Knox: My favorite is pizza.
Beard: That's crazy that's probably my favorite too!

Damn son you can recruit...

“I got to see what I would look like in the orange. I look great, I would say,” Knox said, smiling. “Just staying at home, it’s a real big thing to me, and just playing for the home school. All the fans, they were loving me in the orange and just giving all the support.”

“I like the way he coaches because he’s relatable,” said Knox, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 138 overall prospect and No. 21 wide receiver in the 2019 class. “He’s like one of us young men, and you can talk to him about anything. The family atmosphere, I like that a lot.”

He said he “definitely” will visit Ohio State on Sept. 9 for its home game against Oklahoma. He said he will “probably go to” Tennessee on Sept. 30 to see the Vols play host to Georgia, and he wants “to make my way down to LSU, too,” at some point during the season.
247 sports

Reactions: 3 people
Got a sneaky suspicion that these Blackman kinds are being pushed to a certain school up north.

I see this plan mentioned a lot. How does Knox benefit from that though?

I don't get this either. Everyone wants to cite the Tee Higgins situation, but this is different. Tee was the hometown kid that spurned the local college. I seriously doubt we have some piece of secret information that the coaches aren't privy to.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a feeling this kid will be the reverse Tee Higgins. No one will give us a chance early on but I think by NSD 2019 he'll be a Vol to the surprise of many.

Folks need to realize, that most kids treat where they go to college like a business decision (as they should). And over the last few years we haven't really given kids of this caliber a good business reason to come to Tennessee. We haven't been contending for championships and we haven't been putting players into the NFL. Tee Higgins made the sensible business choice of going to a program that just competed for a national title and has produced NFL WRs at a better pace than we have.

I think in 2019 we'll benefit from the business nature of this decision-making. We'll be a national title contender by then that will have a strong record of putting players into the NFL and those players developing into stars. Josh Dobbs, Cam Sutton, and Alvin Kamara will be superstars in the NFL by that point and that will help us tremendously when it comes to recruiting players like Trey Knox.

Last edited:
Named his top 3 earlier today in order: Ohio State-favorite, UT, & UF- [twitter]https://twitter.com/RyanCallahan247/status/884461416220160000[/twitter]

Last edited:
From Rivals:

4* WR Trey Knox

“Knox really impressed during the spring and summer, helping him vault up the rankings to near five-star status. He has elite size and terrific hands, and he still has the room to get bigger and stronger moving forward. Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida and several others are among his early favorites.”

Reactions: 4 people
From Rivals:

4* WR Trey Knox

“Knox really impressed during the spring and summer, helping him vault up the rankings to near five-star status. He has elite size and terrific hands, and he still has the room to get bigger and stronger moving forward. Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida and several others are among his early favorites.”

Ranked 14th overall for the 2019 class.

Reactions: 2 people
From Rivals:

4* WR Trey Knox

I think if we have a better than average year, we can move ahead of Ohio State as the favorites.. He is going to be a stud.. I would imagine next summer he will really blow up after all the camps

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back