'24 TN WR Amari Jefferson (Alabama commit)

We are at 20 recruits for 2024. With all the other players that we are in on (~8), he is definitely expendable. I could count at least 6 that I’d rather have. Doesn’t concern me one bit if he goes to bama.

Reactions: SugarCC
We are at 20 recruits for 2024. With all the other players that we are in on (~8), he is definitely expendable. I could count at least 6 that I’d rather have. Doesn’t concern me one bit if he goes to bama.
We are at 18. He isnt expendable. The coached coveted his ability. We lost to Bammer. Plain and simple.

But, there are better players. Wgas where he's from?

You have an easier time recruiting the high schools or their coach. They don’t move around as much. Recruiting the players is harder…except we will put a WR or 2 in the draft every year. We will continue to recruit well from our out of state HS and colleges.

Jennings is TN, but Calloway, Palmer, V Jones, Hyatt, Tillman, Bru, Keaton, Squirrel, Thornton, Webb, Nimrod, and Leacock are not. Plus Matthews and Staley on the incoming class. We will never struggle to recruit this position.

You have an easier time recruiting the high schools or their coach. They don’t move around as much. Recruiting the players is harder…except we will put a WR or 2 in the draft every year. We will continue to recruit well from our out of state HS and colleges.

Jennings is TN, but Calloway, Palmer, V Jones, Hyatt, Tillman, Bru, Keaton, Squirrel, Thornton, Webb, Nimrod, and Leacock are not. Plus Matthews and Staley on the incoming class. We will never struggle to recruit this position.
While I think perhaps we arent seeing us 'land them all.' Ultimately, how realistic is it to get all four of the most elite in a cycle. Hell, even AP said we werent getting all 4.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
I know that this will sound like sour grapes before I say it…but I just don’t care about losing this player…I feel strongly that our scheme makes stars out of skill players on the regular…if he’s more comfortable in AL then by all means that’s where he should be…we already have two (maybe three if Boo ends up in the slot) stars committed at his position and I’m willing to bet we’ll find another of equal or higher ability in this class if we want…

The players that I truly hate to see us lose are the high end lineman…both sides of the ball…I strongly believe that if we’re going to take that next step it will include being elite in the trenches…if we can consistently land classes with multiple high 4* and above OL and DL to go with some high ceiling projects then we will take that step…the skill players will always shake out in a positive way for us IMO

I think Heupel will wait to see who pops up in the fall for another WR. Maybe JUCO.
I think the coaches taking 4 WRs in this class was really contingent on it being the right 4. I think Kamron Mikell really wants to play WR in this offense and not DB. He's visiting this fall, so that's a possibility. As long as we have a really strong start to our football season, flips could also be in full effect. Recruiting is a marathon. There will be many more twists and turns before the early signing period.

VN Store

Back