'24 TN WR Amari Jefferson (Alabama commit)

Him not picking Tennessee wouldn’t upset me. What really gets me is the thought of an instate player picking Bama over Tennessee. That just triggers me, honestly. And it’s a Chattanooga kid. 1.5 hours from campus. It’s not like it’s Memphis and it’s 5.5 hours away with lots of SEC schools closer to him. Puke.

Last edited:
Him not picking Tennessee wouldn’t upset me. What really gets me is the thought of an instate player picking Bama over Tennessee. That just triggers me, honestly. And it’s a Chattanooga kid. 1.5 hours from campus. It’s not like it’s Memphis and it’s 5.5 hours away with lots of SEC schools closer to him. Puke.

It ain’t that serious, man

If he prefers AL then I want someone that prefers Tennessee. He will cease to exist for me. Simple

The whole in state deal can be complex. Hate it when we offer and they don’t have that orange feeling, but hate it worse when we don’t push for them and they go elsewhere and produce.

I can understand some pressure for him to sign on at a high profile position with one 5 star in the boat and another still looking. Locals and legacies having to become backups and cheerleaders has to be an unsettling potential at the home school. Don’t have to be a coward to let that in to the selection calculation.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
The whole in state deal can be complex. Hate it when we offer and they don’t have that orange feeling, but hate it worse when we don’t push for them and they go elsewhere and produce.

I can understand some pressure for him to sign on at a high profile position with one 5 star in the boat and another still looking. Locals and legacies having to become backups and cheerleaders has to be an unsettling potential at the home school. Don’t have to be a coward to let that in to the selection calculation.
There are 5*s at AL. He just wants to brag that he played for Saban. He’ll transfer if it doesn’t work out for him.

I said when Pruitt $h!t on the Baylor kid a couple years ago Tennessee would regret it. I realize that the kid he did it to ended up leaving Va Tech but so did 80%of Pruitts UTs class. The message is “you don’t $h!t” where you eat & Baylor has never been a pipeline to Tennessee. I doubt that kid has an ounce of influence on AJ but it does with faculty, etc at Baylor. It was a terrible decision Fulmer let Cornbread make.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I said when Pruitt $h!t on the Baylor kid a couple years ago Tennessee would regret it. I realize that the kid he did it to ended up leaving Va Tech but so did 80%of Pruitts UTs class. The message is “you don’t $h!t” where you eat & Baylor has never been a pipeline to Tennessee. I doubt that kid has an ounce of influence on AJ but it does with faculty, etc at Baylor. It was a terrible decision Fulmer let Cornbread make.
Must have missed this convo, what kid was it? Sorry.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Must have missed this convo, what kid was it? Sorry.

I don’t recall his name. He didn’t pan out at Va Tech but neither did the guys Pruitt choose over him. Pruitt led him on until signing night eve and then cut him. Family had UT gear, etc for the signing event the next day. You don’t do people in state like that especially at a school like Baylor. I damn sure know he wouldn’t have done it at a similar school in Alabama…. Except they don’t have one equal to Baylor there.

I don’t recall his name. He didn’t pan out at Va Tech but neither did the guys Pruitt choose over him. Pruitt led him on until signing night eve and then cut him. Family had UT gear, etc for the signing event the next day. You don’t do people in state like that especially at a school like Baylor. I damn sure know he wouldn’t have done it at a similar school in Alabama…. Except they don’t have one equal to Baylor there.
he would've paid that player to go to auburn.

Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back