'21 TN TE Charlie Browder (Tennessee commit)

Definitely never hurts to have a guy who grew up wearing the right shade of orange. Like Shuler, I can't imagine he is coming to sit on the bench. We need good blocking TEs and we need them badly.

It makes you wonder if some of these PWOs are getting some NIL deals to help cover the cost of tuition. That's two guys that have left schollys at decent schools to be PWOs here. Of course it doesn't hurt that both grew up as vols.

NICE! We are loading up on O, but our poor D lol

One thing I wondered about our Secondary is it is such a mental postion that if our offense is burning it all day in practice the way we do other teams if that ever affects those guys confidence in games. Specifically a guy like Burrell who seems easily affected after a bad play

One thing I wondered about our Secondary is it is such a mental postion that if our offense is burning it all day in practice the way we do other teams if that ever affects those guys confidence in games. Specifically a guy like Burrell who seems easily affected after a bad play
Hard to say. All on the same team?

If we don't find viable help in the portal, they'll have to coach up what we have. That's why they make the big $$$$.
We didn't do a very good job of that in the secondary this year. Our D is light years away from what we just saw in the NC game. We are back to seeing that defense can win championships. Georgia held Bama to 18 points. Their offense only scored 26 points. Our O looks outstanding, but we saw how much they too struggled against Georgia's defense. Tennessee better start crootin on both sides of the ball.

We didn't do a very good job of that in the secondary this year. Our D is light years away from what we just saw in the NC game. We are back to seeing that defense can win championships. Georgia held Bama to 18 points. Their offense only scored 26 points. Our O looks outstanding, but we saw how much they too struggled against Georgia's defense. Tennessee better start crootin on both sides of the ball.
It's not an overnight process to get to that level. We haven't been on that level for 2 decades.

Possibly. However, several great NFL players have attributed their success on Sundays to matching up against great offensive/defensive teammates during practice. Seems to help more than hurt in most situations.

Boom!
tumblr_nkcsjpW88h1sdydefo1_r1_400.gifv
Larry Johnson was awesome. We used to go watch him play when I lived in Charlotte back in the day. He would have been a hell of a defensive end or tight end. #grandmama

Always a good idea to replace a super senior with a RS FR walk on 🙄

Like the addition but we better hope he only sees the field this season for jumbo sets.
if dudes a walk on, we lose nothing with a pwo. good addition. whats cincerning is the lack of success in recruiting on defense. We closed well in ESD, but, lost a lot of in state guys. Really dont care where they come from but, gotta close in the portal. I have a ton of faith in this staff, not sure why they arent killing it.

Last edited:
if dudes a walk on, we lose nothing with a pwo. good addition. whats cincerning is the lack of success in recruiting on defense. We closed well in ESD, but, lost a lot of in state guys. Really dont care where they come from but, gotta close in the portal. I have a ton of faith in this staff, not sure why they arent killing it.
This defense ask a lot out of guys. Not everyone is going to want to face the challenge it presents.

The good thing is, we don’t need an elite defense. Just a good defense that can make a few elite plays every now and then. I think we see a pretty good defensive class for this next cycle, if not, then I might start to worry.

This defense ask a lot out of guys. Not everyone is going to want to face the challenge it presents.

The good thing is, we don’t need an elite defense. Just a good defense that can make a few elite plays every now and then. I think we see a pretty good defensive class for this next cycle, if not, then I might start to worry.
we need more than a 1 deep.

Tennessee is a top program, traditionally. We should be rakrooting over the likes of Ken suck ee and South Carolina. Just by waking up in the morning, without even lifting a finger the excellence we piss, outshines both of those clowns by untotalled amounts.

All i hear are excuses. We have the rakrooters, we have the NIL. If Georgia ran the same offense they'd have elventy billion 5 stars. Tamu is run by a melon headed used car salesman, and they inked arguably best class in decades. (Real rankings should be earned).

Point is, we have the budget. Facilities. No moar excuses.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back