‘23 TN SDE Trevor Duncan (Tennessee commit)

He won't be setting behind anyone at OT in this class. He's easly 300 lbs by the time he gets to campus.

His tenacity and athleticism is why he needs to be at OT. Had we got Mauigoa.
Duncan wouldve force him to move to RT or LG
Good point, I agree. I heard lots of chatter about Francis malagoa being converted to guard when he reaches the Collegiate level, anyway.

Reactions: LittleVol
Agreed.
However, he may think he's already so gifted that he may be a 1st round TE or Edge regardless

I really hope not. I don't want a 16-year-old kid thinking he's already a first round NFL draft pick at two different positions with each being on separate sides of the ball! That could lead to issues in the locker room and that is the last thing we need. Edge rushers make twice the money TE's make, anyway.

Reactions: LittleVol
He won't be setting behind anyone at OT in this class. He's easly 300 lbs by the time he gets to campus.

His tenacity and athleticism is why he needs to be at OT. Had we got Mauigoa.
Duncan wouldve force him to move to RT or LG

If we have a DT who’s 6’5 300lb and has those characteristics, the disruption in the middle plus Bradley and Herring on the edge is going to be something to behold

If we have a DT who’s 6’5 300lb and has those characteristics, the disruption in the middle plus Bradley and Herring on the edge is going to be something to behold
8c080bd270c219935f7707fc9f65647d.jpg

He's going to see the field regardless.
But we are an offensive driven team.
Our most important variable is the ability to protect our Once in a generational QB.

So I can't wait to see Duncan protecting Nico while he lights up the SEC!

Beautiful indeed 👍

Reactions: Vol Main
He's going to see the field regardless.
But we are an offensive driven team.
Our most important variable is the ability to protect our Once in a generational QB.

So I can't wait to see Duncan protecting Nico while he lights up the SEC!

Beautiful indeed 👍
So you think a converted DL->OT from Knoxville Catholic is going to be better than a pure stud OT from AL or GA. The last elite OT that came from there couldn’t even cut it at OT in the SEC

SDE or maybe grow into a DT. But the great thing about Duncan is that he has versatility to go to the OL. The options that he gives the coaches really helps with the players that they are recruiting. Who knows we may land two or three absolute studs at OL and keep Duncan at DL. Or vise versa. Either way hopefully he’s a guy that loves to compete and takes on any spot given to him.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
So you think a converted DL->OT from Knoxville Catholic is going to be better than a pure stud OT from AL or GA. The last elite OT that came from there couldn’t even cut it at OT in the SEC
What does state have to do with it??

Guess we should have never recruited Trey Smith haha
That Georgia OT Wanya Morris was so much better anyway...

What does state have to do with it??

Guess we should have never recruited Trey Smith haha
That Georgia OT Wanya Morris was so much better anyway...
Catholic plays in a small division in TN. It’s not a debate that GA hs football is much better than TN football.

Catholic plays in a small division in TN. It’s not a debate that GA hs football is much better than TN football.
I didn't say there was.

We're talking about individual prospects. Not some "idea".

Jabari Greer, Al Wilson, Reggie White, Trey Smith all played for 3A Tennessee or below.

Why would you even bring that into the equation?

If we’re talking Cade Mays? He “cut it” for two seasons at UT. Must’ve been high fiber.

lol the biggest division of private school in TN doesn’t compare to public schools in GA. My point is converting DL Elarbee and Garner recruited as a d linemen is probablyyyy going to end up at D line. No where else is he being talked about playing OT. Off season dumb arguments that I’ve somehow taken the bait for

Reactions: T Dog
lol the biggest division of private school in TN doesn’t compare to public schools in GA. My point is converting DL Elarbee and Garner recruited as a d linemen is probablyyyy going to end up at D line. No where else is he being talked about playing OT. Off season dumb arguments that I’ve somehow taken the bait for
Didn’t compare it to GA. Just pointing it out.

Your point about Garner has merit but where he’s from has nothing do with if he can play OT or not.

No one is saying GA and TN overall talent compare. But broad brushes concerning a state’s talent pool have nothing to do with individual players’ ability. Florida State doesn’t regret signing Jalen Ramsey from that classification simply because Florida high school football is better. What the hell does that have to do with how good an individual player is?

And yes, there has been plenty of talk of him playing OLine, notably his own high school coach, who says that’s where he has the most upside and pro potential.

Reactions: chavisut
“So far, it’s been both,” he said. “Colleges want me as both. But I think UT was more of a D-line. Kentucky is saying a little bit more of O-line, but still kind of both. Virginia Tech is definitely more O-line. And I think Vanderbilt’s kind of split right now.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back