‘23 TN SDE Nathan Robinson (Tennessee commit)

Nathan is 270 lb right now and said he images playing weight at UT will be 285 or 290
During summer workouts he was 260-265 from what my nephew (who goes to GHS) said. That's what my info was based on. I have no personal interaction with Greenbrier High School. Also, he'll have to be able to maintain his mobility at 290, unless he plans to play DT. Putting on that much mass in a short amount of time is great in theory, but if you lose your flexibility and quickness you'll look good getting off the bus to only stand on the sidelines. A 6'6 275-280lb DE that can still rush the passer is a terrifying prospect. I'm not saying he won't be able to play at 290, but adding 50+pounds of "good" weight between your junior year of high school and freshman year of college isn't likely and has some major drawbacks.

Robinson recorded 13 total tackles, including two tackles for loss, and was credited with a pair of quarterback hurries Friday night in Greenbrier's 28-7 loss at Marshall County High School in Lewisburg, Tenn. The Bobcats will travel to Lexington (Tenn.) High School on Friday night in the first round of Tennessee's Class 4A playoffs.

He definitely plays with a love for the game. To play in SEC on d line will have to be a 3 tech. With his body type no problem getting to 300lbs. Depending on how we continue to recruit D lineman I believe he can become really good OT. Either way you love players like him. In CHRIST Alone

He definitely plays with a love for the game. To play in SEC on d line will have to be a 3 tech. With his body type no problem getting to 300lbs. Depending on how we continue to recruit D lineman I believe he can become really good OT. Either way you love players like him. In CHRIST Alone
Was going to suggest the same. Either inside on DL or an excellent prospect on the OL.

Was going to suggest the same. Either inside on DL or an excellent prospect on the OL.

That is what I see on tape. Just don't believe he is quick enough to play DE in SEC unless he is in 4 tech against run heavy team.

I believe strongly that Robinson or Duncan will be an OT…after watching their films I believe Robinson will be that guy…Duncan has a quick twitch and explosiveness that I don’t see in Robinson…that’s not a knock on Robinson…I think he’ll be a very good OT…and an OL class if Umarov, Robinson, Bussell and Lang is dang good IMO

I believe strongly that Robinson or Duncan will be an OT…after watching their films I believe Robinson will be that guy…Duncan has a quick twitch and explosiveness that I don’t see in Robinson…that’s not a knock on Robinson…I think he’ll be a very good OT…and an OL class if Umarov, Robinson, Bussell and Lang is dang good IMO
No knock. Your eyes see correctly the lack of quickness especially to play DE. But man he sure loves him some contact and is relentless. In CHRIST Alone

Agree. A lot of that depends on arm length too. Robinson is an inch shorter than Duncan, but does he have the long arms to play OT? Duncan looks like he could grow into a prototypical LT. But maybe he stays at DT and Robinson plays RT.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Did he play any TE? His body type looks like a TE.

yes he played TE, ...... Nathan has never played offense line & don't expect him on the o-line, with his quickness looks to be a good DE. Nathan does not get the opportunity to play DE as much as a player would like do to his team needing him to be moved from position to position. He expects his playing weight to be around 285 or 290.

VN Store

Back