‘23 TN SDE Nathan Robinson (Tennessee commit)

I think he sticks at SDE. As long as he maintains his athleticism, I doubt they move him inside.
Possibly could. But when I see his muscle mass and Tennessee training. Could see him easily at 300lbs in first year.

Possibly could. But when I see his muscle mass and Tennessee training. Could see him easily at 300lbs in first year.
My nephew goes to school with him. Nate legitimately might be 6'6" now. He's worked his tail off to get to 260 or so, but I don't see him being a 300 pounder. At least not anytime soon. He's actually more of a Tyler Baron body type. I could see him playing at 275-280 in a couple of years. Duncan has more of a frame to be around 300 in our S&C program eventually.

I think he sticks at SDE. As long as he maintains his athleticism, I doubt they move him inside.
I went to his first game against Springfield. He played both ways and some on special teams. On offense he mainly blocked as a tight end and was only targeted once-he caught the pass for maybe fifteen yards. Was an excellent blocker while on offense. On defense he was double teamed often. He was taller than everybody and appears to have the frame to add weight. He called the defense too.

I went to his first game against Springfield. He played both ways and some on special teams. On offense he mainly blocked as a tight end and was only targeted once-he caught the pass for maybe fifteen yards. Was an excellent blocker while on offense. On defense he was double teamed often. He was taller than everybody and appears to have the frame to add weight. He called the defense too.
He called the defense last year from his linebacker spot. Playing with his hand in the dirt is still new to him, and Greenbrier doesn't have the best coaching. He also has no talent around him on that team. Everyone will double team him this year, because he's the only real threat on that defense. It's just not a town that ever produces much football talent.

Pretty incredible, bluest water and whitest beaches I’ve ever seen. Getting back to Nashville tonight and only have to wait 1 day for kickoff. It’s the perfect week
Awesome!
Glad you enjoyed it. They were still developing it when I was there in 2016. I'm sure it's come a long way.

Yeah that is a good week! Vols and Paradise.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
And Phil managed to piss away an SEC Championship to team we had already beaten playing their backup QB. I still think that game was the start of our downfall
no doubt we got out coached. but it is hard to beat same team twice. what makes what Bammer and Georgia bangs have done so impressive.

no doubt we got out coached. but it is hard to beat same team twice. what makes what Bammer and Georgia bangs have done so impressive.

It's easier to beat the same team twice when a) you're more talented, b) their starting future NFL QB and RB are both injured, c) their primary offensive play with the backup QB is simply a QB draw that they run over and over, and d) you're playing in what amounts to a home game in Atlanta after getting them in Neyland the first time.

But they had Saban and we had Fulmer/Chavis. That coaching mismatch more than made up for our advantages.

It's easier to beat the same team twice when a) you're more talented, b) their starting future NFL QB and RB are both injured, c) their primary offensive play with the backup QB is simply a QB draw that they run over and over, and d) you're playing in what amounts to a home game in Atlanta after getting them in Neyland the first time.

But they had Saban and we had Fulmer/Chavis. That coaching mismatch more than made up for our advantages.
That 2001 team was every bit as talented as the 98 team if not better

That 2001 team was every bit as talented as the 98 team if not better

In terms of pure talent, I agree. It wasn't as good of a team, but more talented.

Consider the DTs...Henderson, Haynesworth, Rashad Moore, and Aubrayo Franklin...that's 4 dudes who were not only NFL players, but very good NFL players. All 4 of those guys are better than any DT on the 98 team. Overstreet and Jackson at DE were also fantastic. Just a loaded DLine. The WRs of Stallworth, Washington, Parker, etc. were one of the best WR groups ever...then add in the best TE in UT history in Witten. That whole group was way better than the 98 group, which was good with Peerless, but the other guys were more of a supporting cast. And Diogu was just an extra OL at TE. Clausen was better than Tee and that wasn't close. The LB group and secondary were about the same in terms of pure talent, as was the Oline. The 98 squad gets an edge at RB with Henry/Stephens (and Jamal for 3 or 4 games before getting hurt) vs. just Stephens, however, 2001 Stephens was a lot better than 1998 Stephens.

The 01 group was more talented, but the 98 group had "it." And they had Al Wilson.

Last edited:
In terms of pure talent, I agree. It wasn't as good of a team, but more talented.

Consider the DTs...Henderson, Haynesworth, Rashad Moore, and Aubrayo Franklin...that's 4 dudes who were not only NFL players, but very good NFL players. All 4 of those guys are better than any DT on the 98 team. Overstreet and Jackson at DE were also fantastic. Just a loaded DLine. The WRs of Stallworth, Washington, Parker, etc. were one of the best WR groups ever...then add in the best TE in UT history in Witten. That whole group was way better than the 98 group, which was good with Peerless, but the other guys were more of a supporting cast. And Diogu was just an extra OL at TE. Clausen was better than Tee and that wasn't close. The LB group and secondary were about the same in terms of pure talent, as was the Oline. The 98 squad gets an edge at RB with Henry/Stephens (and Jamal for 3 or 4 games before getting hurt) vs. just Stephens, however, 2001 Stephens was a lot better than 1998 Stephens.

The 01 group was more talented, but they had "it." And they had Al Wilson.

Haynesworth is the most overrated Vol ever. Only good in college becase of the three other guys.

Yes. I said it.:)

Robinson played a big part in Greenbrier's defensive dominance over Lawrence County last Friday, holding them to 17 yards rushing. LC had averaged 366 rushing yards/g in their first 3 games.

He's starting to get comfortable playing with his hand in the dirt. He's learning how to take proper first steps and use leverage as well. That's a scary prospect because it means he's also realizing just how dominant he can be. Big time sleeper in this recruiting class.

The 01 group was more talented, but the 98 group had "it." And they had Al Wilson.

That team was talented enough to stay on the field with Miami that year. Im not saying they'd beat Miami but they could play them a great game. Nebraska was just a fill-in after the Vols lost to LSU

Robinson played a big part in Greenbrier's defensive dominance over Lawrence County last Friday, holding them to 17 yards rushing. LC had averaged 366 rushing yards/g in their first 3 games.

Yo them dudes in the white look tiny as sh*t my guy #56 might be 5'6 on picture day 🤣

That team was talented enough to stay on the field with Miami that year. Im not saying they'd beat Miami but they could play them a great game. Nebraska was just a fill-in after the Vols lost to LSU

I think UT was the only team in America with the talent to stay on the field with that Miami team.

He's starting to get comfortable playing with his hand in the dirt. He's learning how to take proper first steps and use leverage as well. That's a scary prospect because it means he's also realizing just how dominant he can be. Big time sleeper in this recruiting class.
Great take. Technique takes awhile to learn. He is going to be really good. In CHRIST Alone

My nephew goes to school with him. Nate legitimately might be 6'6" now. He's worked his tail off to get to 260 or so, but I don't see him being a 300 pounder. At least not anytime soon. He's actually more of a Tyler Baron body type. I could see him playing at 275-280 in a couple of years. Duncan has more of a frame to be around 300 in our S&C program eventually.

Nathan is 270 lb right now and said he images playing weight at UT will be 285 or 290

VN Store

Back