'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

WellmadeWeepyGlassfrog-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

Somebody needs to check that kid's birth certificate

Derrick Henry had many breakaway runs. He gets faster as he runs. He had a 93 yard TD last year against the Jax Jaguars.

I think of Tee Hodge like a James Wilder Jr. Could catch, pass block and run hard with amazing feet for his size and frame. He and Banks can wear down defenses together

We need that. I don't care if he's a 3 star.
As long as he doesn’t have to play against Alcoa’s defense he’ll be alright.

sweet christmas thats a big boy

but.. back on topic looking at Tee's tape I noticed something, look at the 2 main fullbacks blocking for him. Number 2 is a monster we need him as a PWO and 22 is a lil honeybadger I want him in orange too, special teams beast
I see him as a monster fullback:cool:

Reactions: pimo1
I think the staff needs to go ahead and tell Hodge and Elijah Young they have the go to commit, then be done with RBs for this cycle. Unless a guy like Evans or Lloyd is a real possibility. Even then, still take em if you have room. 2021 will be HUGE for RBs.

I think the staff needs to go ahead and tell Hodge and Elijah Young they have the go to commit, then be done with RBs for this cycle. Unless a guy like Evans or Lloyd is a real possibility. Even then, still take em if you have room. 2021 will be HUGE for RBs.

I read they're looking at Jabari Small as a RB. Not sure they'd take him and Young both.

Reactions: LittleVol
Hodge is coming off a leg injury, but you would never know it. He has added about 20 pounds of muscle and looks like an inside linebacker right now. He moved exceptionally well during drills. He did run lower than his normal 4.7 time but again it’s the first time he has ran a timed 40 since adding the weight and sustaining the leg injury. He participated with the running backs yesterday but did tell me he was open to playing on the defensive side of the ball. “I will do whatever it takes to get on the field early.” Tennessee is still recruiting him hard. Possibly the hardest of any school and he is planning to be back up there soon. His visit to Florida State was very enjoyable, but the Noles have yet to offer. Penn State did offer recently and is a school that will get more of a look from him in the future. Alabama has yet to offer but remains very much in the picture. He plans to camp with them in June and if they offer it would likely shake things up. New schools coming into the mix have changed the timeline for commitment, and he is not sure when he will make his decision. He has not released a top list of schools but said, “Tennessee, Michigan, and Purdue” would be at the top right now. He has not started planning officials but could start at any time.
VR2

kid is Rb all the way. He has come up under the NPA umbrella. His offers are rolling in and to my knowledge has a deep down passion for the good guys. This kid has "it" and will be dynamic. Remember he's still not 100% but still looks smooth and like he can flat out get er done.
I really hope we get him. Need a true bruiser type back.

kid is Rb all the way. He has come up under the NPA umbrella. His offers are rolling in and to my knowledge has a deep down passion for the good guys. This kid has "it" and will be dynamic. Remember he's still not 100% but still looks smooth and like he can flat out get er done.

One of the HS coaches in the area said he's about 228 lbs., is that accurate?

Reactions: de1conley
I am all for in-state kids, and I am in no way trying to bash the kid, but he is way too slow. I am a HS track coach and have seen him run and have seen his times. 11.7 with a tailwind, 11.9, 11.9, 12.3. That is what is wrong with his recruitment. Any skill kid playing in SEC should be at least 11.3. Probably 10.8 if playing on the outside. He can't run fast. Put 30lbs on him and he could be a good de though.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
I am all for in-state kids, and I am in no way trying to bash the kid, but he is way too slow. I am a HS track coach and have seen him run and have seen his times. 11.7 with a tailwind, 11.9, 11.9, 12.3. That is what is wrong with his recruitment. Any skill kid playing in SEC should be at least 11.3. Probably 10.8 if playing on the outside. He can't run fast. Put 30lbs on him and he could be a good de though.
If hes a big back what matters more would be his balance and burst. Burst probably plays a major factor in 100 meter time, I honestly dont know, but if he can get going in a hurry with good balance he would be solid at 230.

Eddie Lacey didn't run Sub 11.5
Mark Ingram didn't run that.
Eddie George didn't
I can go on and on about great running backs who are not burners.

This kid has WR type catching ability and is extremely physically developed at 6'2 228 lbs. He can pass block, catch and run between the sticks!

Fast RBs get ran down all the time, but they don't always get the tough short yards like a power back does.

Would you rather have 6'2 240 lb Lendale White on a 4th and goal from the 1 foot line or 6"0 205 lbs Reggie Bush???

We need another power back to push and compete with Jeremy Banks.
This is about building an identity as a smash mouth and explosive football team.

Eddie Lacey didn't run Sub 11.5
Mark Ingram didn't run that.
Eddie George didn't
I can go on and on about great running backs who are not burners.

This kid has WR type catching ability and is extremely physically developed at 6'2 228 lbs. He can pass block, catch and run between the sticks!

Fast RBs get ran down all the time, but they don't always get the tough short yards like a power back does.

Would you rather have 6'2 240 lb Lendale White on a 4th and goal from the 1 foot line or 6"0 205 lbs Reggie Bush???

We need another power back to push and compete with Jeremy Banks.
This is about building an identity as a smash mouth and explosive football team.
Every guy you mentioned other than Lendale ran in the 4.55 range which is 11.0 to 11.5. He is way behind that. I am not bashing the kid, just stating facts. He might not be fast enough for sec play. For everything there is an exception, and I love power football too, but I would rather take kids who are skilled and athletic enough for the position. No doubt he had the skills, his measurable speed seems to be lacking. Maybe I am wrong about him, but college coaches can see his times and the other kids times and when they compare the two it is a red flag. Player 1 is 6-2 210 and runs 11.3 catches well, sees we'll, . Player 2 is 6-2 225 and runs 11.9 catches well, sees we'll. Who do yoI think the coach is going to take? The one he had bad data for or the one he has good data for? If I am trying to keep my job and feed my family, I am picking the one who has a higher likelihiod of being successful.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back