'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

Yes, but Swain and others are sating another will be added. Most are guessing Lance Thompson or Jay Graham. Thoughts were DJ or Weinke leaving.

Is there anything from someone reputable saying that Wienke would move to off-field role?

Is there anything from someone reputable saying that Wienke would move to off-field role?
Not that I've seen, and AV said CJP loves him so unless he has something better it doesn't appear to be him leaving. So I was thinking DJ was going to LSU, but then he tells a recruit he may be moving to RBs.

I have a feeling that's what they're working on doing.
What kind of salary does Assistant to the Head Coach make? Would that be a promotion for a position coach or just a nice gig for someone who doesnt want to go through the grind of being a coach and recruiting?

The feel was a little different for Tennessee football’s list of junior day visitors on Saturday in Knoxville. Tee Hodge, the 2020 three-star running back from just down the road in Maryville, said it had to do with the size of the group. “You could tell (the coaches) really wanted the guys there,” Hodge told GoVols247. “It wasn’t really a big group. They had a small group down there.”

There was no mistaking the message, either. There was no mincing words. “They just want to put UT football back to where it should be,” Hodge said. “That’s what I’ve heard the most and couldn’t agree more. The whole goal right now is to put UT back on top, where it belongs. “That’s kind of what has been going on with the new coaching staff. Most of these guys know what it takes to win a championship. They’ve coached championship teams, been assistant coaches on championship teams.”

“Me and my family, we’ve discussed that plenty of times,” Hodge said of the distance factor. “It would be easy for them to come see a game. It would be nice for them to come see me play. Tennessee being right down the street, it’s pretty nice.” Hodge said when it comes to Tennessee’s staff, he hears from running backs coach Chris Weinke and, more recently, has heard from wide receivers coach David Johnson “a lot.”

Although he’s listed at running back, Hodge could project at a different position at the next level. The Vols haven’t specified a position at this point, but have told Hodge they like his size. He’s open to a move if necessary. “I would rather play running back,” Hodge said, asked about his preferred position. “Running back is where my heart is at. But if I have to play linebacker, if that’s where they really need me and that means getting on the field early, then I’ll do it.”

“It was nice to get back over there and see what a Junior Day was like. They welcomed me, were very warm. It was a good visit all the way around. It was good to hear from Tee (Martin) and his experience being at UT. Him winning a national championship here, that’s kind of what they emphasized with this new staff,” Hodge said.

“They know how to win championships. They know what it takes to be top-tier. … The visit was closing up, coach (Johnson) brought up that fact he wants to start a relationship with me and get closer because he thought he could end up being the running backs coach. He just wanted to make sure he was able to contact me, build a relationship and see what I was like both on and off the field. It was pretty cool for him to do that.”

The Vols currently prefer him on offense, and Hodge said the staff was very impressed “with my new size.” “It was the first time they’d seen me since my season ended and they noticed I’d gotten a lot bigger,” said Hodge, who is now 6-foot-2, 220 pounds. “I’ve spent the offseason working out really hard. They liked my size a lot. That caught them off guard. I’ve picked up about 15 pounds since the season ended and I’ve gotten taller. I’m 6-2 now. They were really impressed.”

Hodge was “hoping” to have a college decision in mind before his senior season, but he’s scraped any hard timeline and will simply commit when he’s ready. He holds offers from Tennessee, Kentucky, where his cousin Randall Cobb starred, Purdue, Wake Forest, Virginia and others. Missouri, Louisville and Alabama, where he will visit next weekend, have all upped their interest of late, too.

“Right now, if I had a Top 3, I’m most impressed with Tennessee, Kentucky and Purdue,” Hodge said. “Those are the three schools I’ve had the most contact with, built the best relationships with. But it’s still early. I still want to see what all these schools have to offer me.”

-VQ

VN Store

Back