'19 TN RB Eric Gray

Man, I really didn't want to buy the whole "Rivals is biased against UT" thing, but this...this really makes me start to believe it more. How do you look at Eric Gray and not think he's one of the top 250 players in the 2019 class?

Absolute joke.
The lamest part of it is they just put him in the 250 after his great season. But then after an all star game they drop him out. It's 100% ridiculous how these rankings are done.

The lamest part of it is they just put him in the 250 after his great season. But then after an all star game they drop him out. It's 100% ridiculous how these rankings are done.
All I know is that Gray could’ve gone anywhere in the country and he’s coming to TN. Who cares what Woody thinks. His highest rated recruits weren’t wanted by anybody but Arkansas in the SEC. that ought to tell you about his rankings

Morris looked like the #1 overall OLineman in the UA game.

Wright looked like an elite pass blocker as well, needs to get stronger for run blocking. Was without a doubt one of the best on the line though and consistently went against the #1 player in the country. Not to mention the DL usually kills the OL in the AA games. Morris and Wright more than stood their own.

Rivals is a joke.

giphy.gif

All I know is that Gray could’ve gone anywhere in the country and he’s coming to TN. Who cares what Woody thinks. His highest rated recruits weren’t wanted by anybody but Arkansas in the SEC. that ought to tell you about his rankings
Smart. Quick, Great numbers against excellent talent. Championship team. Captain.
I'll take him all day!

Yes. The double down on the D tackle and the gap opening up by the DE going straight upfield to be blocked by the H back.

That’s was his window from the start.
That wouldn't work more than a couple of times in CFB before good DCs started telling their DEs to hit that gap. But then it would open up a run to the outside...jeez I love football. Either way being able to plan and sell a move like that is lethal.

Reactions: FranklinVol-615

He’s not coming to Tennessee. He is already at Tennessee lifting my friend! F the recruiting services!

Not surprised. All Woodys doing. If you haven't noticed he has all the Memphis kids rated lower than they should be and misstate kids higher than they should be. 247 is the near opposite. 247 is really high on Memphis for this class and next and low on misstate for current class

There is a reason for it.
They flipped a coin for who was gonna rate which city higher?

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
They flipped a coin for who was gonna rate which city higher?
I think he’s implying the camp circuit money from mid state made its way to rivals therefore boosting their kids in ratings and fueling future high schoolers and their parents to funnel money there.

I think he’s implying the camp circuit money from mid state made its way to rivals therefore boosting their kids in ratings and fueling future high schoolers and their parents to funnel money there.
Yes catbone, I know. Twas a yoke.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
As Rob Lanier said at the Big Orange Tip-off Club yesterday, if those guys “evaluating” prospects at recruiting services were any good then they would be working for the schools.
Funny, and true.
Always wondered why Mel Kiper, Jr wasn't offered $10 mil a year to be an NFL scout?;)

edit.......obvious sarcasm.

Reactions: JacketVol
Mike Mayock getting hired as a GM is probably the first scouting talking head I've seen get an organizational role, but he was also the most well-informed "draft expert" I'd ever seen so it makes sense.
Dallas Morning News did a side by side of who the Cowboys drafted vs Mayock’s projections and the Cowboys did better for themselves.

Reactions: FïreBall
Dallas Morning News did a side by side of who the Cowboys drafted vs Mayock’s projections and the Cowboys did better for themselves.
Mock drafts are just fan service, too many variables to predict with much accuracy. My point was that Mayock is the only media member I've seen make the jump from evaluator to an actual organizational role, reinforcing the idea that most of these guys don't know jack and that only one has even been deemed qualified for an actual position with a team.

Mock drafts are just fan service, too many variables to predict with much accuracy. My point was that Mayock is the only media member I've seen make the jump from evaluator to an actual organizational role, reinforcing the idea that most of these guys don't know jack and that only one has even been deemed qualified for an actual position with a team.
Oh I got your point! Mine is that if these “experts” had to live by their guesses their employment rate wouldn’t be flattering.

Raiders seem to be making a lot of irrational moves

VN Store

Back