‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

He looks to be in the 4.6 range from looking at highlights. That's fast enough as a high school junior.
Absolutely fast enough for high school.
But look at our guys.
They're all the same size as Bishop except they're running 4.3-4.4 and can catch the ball well.

I like Bishop a lot actually. He just needs to specifically speed train.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
But look at our guys.
They're all the same size as Bishop except they're running 4.3-4.4 and can catch the ball well.

What was Karamas time? He ran 4.56 at the combine.

But look at our guys.

Mark Ingram and Elijah Holyfield were both similar size and speed. Blazing speed is great, no doubt. But there's a lot more that factors into being a successful running back. I just think there's more to this story that we don't know about.

Mark Ingram and Elijah Holyfield were both similar size and speed. Blazing speed is great, no doubt. But there's a lot more that factors into being a successful running back. I just think there's more to this story that we don't know about.

I know you're not the type to really speculate.
But what do you think it is?

What was Karamas time? He ran 4.56 at the combine.
He was 4.5 at the NFL combine.

More importantly Kamara never took direct hits and had incredible lower body strength that allowed to slip tackles.

Not to mention his uncanny ability to go limp and then accelerate half a second later.

Bishop could run 4.4 and still not be the same level athlete as Kamara.

Reactions: pricevol5
I have no idea. I do know that college coaches talk to a lot of people about numerous things. Classroom habits, practice habits, etc..... If you're a fringe player (not a consensus 4* or better) you better not have other concerns.

Reactions: SugarCC

More importantly Kamara never took direct hits and had incredible lower body strength that allowed to slip tackles.

Not to mention his uncanny ability to go limp and then accelerate half a second later.

Very few are on the level of Kamara.

To add to what I said in my previous post, his recruitment isn't matching up to what I'm seeing on film. You would think a lot of smaller D-1 programs would be salivating over a chance to add him. Yet, his recruitment has gone relatively quiet since this off season.

Officially 4.56

Alvin Kamara Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

But straight line 40 speed in workout gear isn’t the same as when the light are on. I don’t recall Jerry Rice getting caught from behind. He was ultra fast with the ball in his hands.

To add to what I said in my previous post, his recruitment isn't matching up to what I'm seeing on film. You would think a lot of smaller D-1 programs would be salivating over a chance to add him. Yet, his recruitment has gone relatively quiet since this off season.
That's a very good point.👍.

Peay suits this kid!!!!!
Come on to ‘Stachville

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Looked at his stats... put up great numbers but how in the hell that kid carry the ball over 440 times 😮 That's insane for a HS back

Reactions: HeadVol77
Not to mention the number of times they threw him the ball too.

He did exhibit the uncanny ability to avoid BAD contact and would be criticized by many on here for stepping out of bounds or going down early in the face of multiple defenders, but it quite possibly was the game plan he and the coaches put out there in order to make the number of touches possible. I watched a lot of his games on the local streaming site (you can too for free as they are still out there) and was amazed how few thuds he had to endure. Go check out Diamond Clear Media for several schools in the area. I live near Alcoa and would watch their games instead of paying the bucks to see them dominate everyone, but though their name is still listed the games disappeared last year.

That said, I don't know what level his skill sets will excell in.

VN Store

Back