‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

yes man that happened here in Nashville a year or two ago and people went on FB and trashed the coach. It was unreal and I know he looked at his mentions and signed off. Then we tried to help the kid and on his highlights it had that game and a lower level coach said damn coach does he have anything left in the tank after a 49 carry game. We showed that text to the HC and he said man I’m sorry I didn’t recognize how it would hurt the kid down the line. A lot of these guys don’t recognize things like this.
You talking about James Moore from Stratford? Or the big RB from Gallatin?

DeSean Bishop went off tonight. 28 carries for 269 yards and 4 TDs as Karns topped Oak Ridge, 42-35.

The Tennessee target will be at the game on Saturday. It’s his second game day check-in with the Vols this season, his first being Pittsburgh.

He’s also checked out Austin-Peay a few weeks ago and Virginia Tech last weekend. The Vols are in great shape here, but still not close to committing anywhere.

Says Tennessee reaches out daily and he likes being around the coaches.

“Probably the favorite right now. Huge favorite.”

- Eric Cain, VQ

Glad we got in on this kid early.

Will be interesting to see his numbers at camps this year. He has some intangibles that get him a lot of yards. Not sure if he has P5 elite speed, or size, but has shown great vision and the ability to follow his blockers with patience and maximize what is there or even slide through and get into space. Kind of reminds me in this respect of Emmet Smith though not a physical match. Never wastes his speed, but very few guys ever close ground so I really don't know how to determine his real game speed capabilities. Gets to the corner a lot somehow. Seems to run tough without exposing himself to a bunch of shots each game, even with a bunch of carries. Don't know if his game translates to P5 football or not, but I hope we find out with him in Knoxville. Would love for him to sign on early and use his notoriety to help gather some talent to join him, especially some linemen.

Might be a tough year for him next year as his C is the only returning lineman and don't have a clue what is behind those guys. But a drop off in numbers next year seems likely. This playoff run against increasing talent will tell the world a lot.

Man if a coach ran my son this much we'd hv to hv a meeting. 49 carries is a complete coaching malpractice and setting the kid up to not have much left later on down the line. Killing this kids body with overworking him.

You must be pretty dang soft. Growing up on a farm I've put in days that would make 49 carries girl scout easy.

Reactions: StoVol
Hauling hay with 11 angry defenders with bad intentions actively trying to prevent you from hauling hay? Some farm you grew up on, boomer.
Yeah, nothing in the world as tough as running around a football field. Ever try carrying a wounded marine with VC trying to kill you? Some football field you play on babyface.

Yeah, nothing in the world as tough as running around a football field. Ever try carrying a wounded marine with VC trying to kill you? Some football field you play on babyface.
Or you could just expand your narrow perspective and admit that adversity and toughness come in all forms relative to everyone's experience instead of trying to one-up a 16 year old kid's on a message board dedicated to discussing the careers and potential impact of heavy usage for kids who play football.

The Karns junior is rolling up the yards and touchdowns. Tennessee continues to be the team to beat in his recruitment, but the Vols would be well served to get this one done sooner than later. Other schools are bound to come calling as Bishop has spent most of this season at the top of the rushing stats nationally. The elusive tailback has given his team a home playoff game for just the second time in school history.
VQ

Or you could just expand your narrow perspective and admit that adversity and toughness come in all forms relative to everyone's experience instead of trying to one-up a 16 year old kid's on a message board dedicated to discussing the careers and potential impact of heavy usage for kids who play football.

Not one upping a 16 year old kid, just calling out the ignorance involved in heaping disrespect on a high school coach. And DE1's arrogance concerning how he would do things if he was the young mans parent, yielding no resect to D. Bishop's parents.

Not one upping a 16 year old kid, just calling out the ignorance involved in heaping disrespect on a high school coach. And DE1's arrogance concerning how he would do things if he was the young mans parent, yielding no resect to D. Bishop's parents.
Not one to blindly ride De1's coattails, but he's right in this instance. Running this kid into the ground is not beneficial for Bishop. It puts him at greater risk of injury before he even has a chance to monetize his football gift, either by way of scholarship, NIL, or a professional career. That's pretty simple.

Reactions: tatervol
Not one to blindly ride De1's coattails, but he's right in this instance. Running this kid into the ground is not beneficial for Bishop. It puts him at greater risk of injury before he even has a chance to monetize his football gift, either by way of scholarship, NIL, or a professional career. That's pretty simple.

So what about the linemen or linebackers . Thier play every down, most both ways doesn't matter?

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
So what about the linemen or linebackers . Thier play every down, most both ways doesn't matter?
The lines are actively involved in wrestling/jousting each other, not absorbing focused hits 80% of the times they touch the ball. And yeah, they get hurt, too.

Long story short, if you can't recognize that running a kid 40+ times a game is mismanagement, we aren't going to find common ground, so you're best off to just agree to disagree.

Reactions: tatervol

VN Store

Back