'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Another hard to swallow loss. Just incredible. I've been off the recruiting board because I knew the staff hadn't had many recruiting wins but this is somewhat unacceptable. I do think the coaching hires of the past are hurting this program now.

Another hard to swallow loss. Just incredible. I've been off the recruiting board because I knew the staff hadn't had many recruiting wins but this is somewhat unacceptable. I do think the coaching hires of the past are hurting this program now.
Unacceptable...explain

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
It's unacceptable to lose big time in state players who have been UT leans. If we are going to make our way back then it's going to start by recruiting in our back yard. Former Pacer here myself.
First to compete under Skyhawks name here. There’s nuance to the “Vol lean” and that went out the door with Pruitt, and it certainly wasn’t due to playing style. He was never going Tennessee after Gump left and never gave Heupel a shot. Read his post commitment remarks and you’ll see that.

Reactions: VolByLaw
First to compete under Skyhawks name here. There’s nuance to the “Vol lean” and that went out the door with Pruitt, and it certainly wasn’t due to playing style. He was never going Tennessee after Gump left and never gave Heupel a shot. Read his post commitment remarks and you’ll see that.

Based on what you said we probably crossed paths.

This is a long thread so I'm not going back through it.

It's unacceptable to lose big time in state players who have been UT leans. If we are going to make our way back then it's going to start by recruiting in our back yard. Former Pacer here myself.

It’s not unacceptable to lose Simpson. It’s the result of what Pruitt and Fulmer did to this program. When are TN fans gonna realize it doesn’t matter where you get your players from?

My question for you guys is what are you gonna do when we actually have a successful coach?

My hope is you find another down program and go be miserable there.
Isn’t it interesting that hillbilly and Kingston start their negative diatribes when positive news from spring practice starts. Most see through their shill now.

Some players are more inclined to want to join a team on top rather than stay home and be part of taking a team to the top. If our fan base in his area have not demonstrated die hard fan actions enough to give him an orange heart our staff has to move on. Nothing wrong with a kid wanting to start on top..... we used to enjoy getting guys from neighboring states for the same reasons.... can't be two faced now.... he obviously was not impressed with the actions of the home folks enough to give us that home state bump. Probably harder during the year of COVID... Was not sure we could get him and Hayden and I hope we can pull the legacy in this cycle as a priority. Not sure which style back will be better under our new coach.

Reactions: BreatheUT
How do suggest changing things? They are still in a dead period, so it’s all based on whether they have been calling/Zooming said recruit. We hired a new staff AND recruiting office. CJH was hired 4 days before Simpson decided. They need the dead period lifted, or some game action to sell recruits. This first year will be a problem all the way around.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
You’re not even trying to hide that you’re a troll, are you? Ty Simpson basically told Heupel he has to give him the best recruiting pitch of all time or he’s going to Bama

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
please provide the link to an actual quote from TS saying this or STFU

Statements Simpson gave during his commitment ceremony did show though that he had made his decision within the week of Heupel being hired, essentially meaning nothing CJH was going to say or do was going to sway him from going to Alabama.

Regardless, this is no 'unacceptable" loss by CJH.

ELITE11- NASHVILLE- 1st overall
Alpha Dog:

Ty Simpson, Martin (Tenn.) Westview- Simpson edged out Pyron with not just a strong all around workout throwing the football but was also the top tester in the camp with a 99.39 Rating, highlighted by running a 4.74-40, 4.25 shuttle and jumped 34" in the vertical. Simpson is really solid in all areas and doesn't have any discernible weaknesses in his game. Mechanically, he very smooth with a clean stroke and he gets the ball out quick. He's an athletic kid and looks just as comfortable throwing on the run outside the pocket as he does inside the pocket. He's a highly competitive kid, very coachable and really worked hard in every drill. He has enough arm to make all the throws without needing a big windup and was arguably the most accurate quarterback and won the Accuracy Challenge as well. The Alabama commit was locked in for the Elite 11 Finals following the camp and it was definitely well deserved.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back