'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

This kids going to shred us in the future. I guess now that Bama is his destination he’s no good. Bama is landing a elite 11 winner and 5 stars left and right meanwhile we are beating out FAU for offensive lineman. The rich get richer. Best players money can buy
he will not be playing for a while but all I am going to say is lets wait and see. I am not do sure he will shred us playing for them though.

Name the Bama QB that’s done anything in the NFL under Saban.
If that helps you sleep at night, so be it. But that is a laughable metric to base anything off of.

If anything, getting QBs drafted in the 1st round that aren't NFL caliber is a positive... Not a negative. God forbid UT ever has a single player that gets picked HIGHER than they should because we put them in a position to maximize their skill set and make them look better than they are. "You aren't NFL caliber, but we will fool them into picking you in the top 15". Dang, it's amazing they convince anyone to play there with such an awful argument.

And which school is putting out consistent franchise QBs anyway? That's like asking which gas station is producing the most winning lottery tickets.

INB4 "Go be a Bama fan" blah. It's better to such acknowledge the situation they are in and the one we are in. Talking about what those QBs have done in the NFL is like talking about how your Prius gets better gas mileage than your neighbors Ferrari.

If that helps you sleep at night, so be it. But that is a laughable metric to base anything off of.

If anything, getting QBs drafted in the 1st round that aren't NFL caliber is a positive... Not a negative. God forbid UT ever has a single player that gets picked HIGHER than they should because we put them in a position to maximize their skill set and make them look better than they are. "You aren't NFL caliber, but we will fool them into picking you in the top 15". Dang, it's amazing they convince anyone to play there with such an awful argument.

And which school is putting out consistent franchise QBs anyway? That's like asking which gas station is producing the most winning lottery tickets.

I don’t lose sleep because of Bama. Fact is Saban QBs usually suck in the NFL. That’s the point. Is that changing? The data doesn’t reflect that. Could it change? Sure.

So you posted a lot of nonsense to say nothing.

INB4 "Go be a Bama fan" blah. It's better to such acknowledge the situation they are in and the one we are in. Talking about what those QBs have done in the NFL is like talking about how your Prius gets better gas mileage than your neighbors Ferrari.

So you have no argument?

Thanks for playing!

So you have no argument?

Thanks for playing!
No argument for what?

Saying Saban's QBs are busts when they get to the NFL is giving him a compliment, so good job on that. You guys seem to be under the impression that fooling NFL GM's into grossly over paying his players is a knock on him or something. It's weird. Like you don't understand you're giving the man a compliment.

Better coaches have more busts. It means they can disguise deficiencies and highlight strengths. Name the last draft bust UT has had? I'll wait.

No argument for what?

Saying Saban's QBs are busts when they get to the NFL is giving him a compliment, so good job on that. You guys seem to be under the impression that fooling NFL GM's into grossly over paying his players is a knock on him or something. It's weird. Like you don't understand you're giving the man a compliment.

Better coaches have more busts. It means they can disguise deficiencies and highlight strengths. Name the last draft bust UT has had? I'll wait.

Getting to the NFL and actually producing positive results in the NFL are two different things.

Saban could have an average QB behind the line of scrimmage and still win National Championships.

Saban is extremely good at developing WR’s for the NFL. QB’s? Not so much.

Reactions: Type Orange+
Getting to the NFL and actually producing positive results in the NFL are two different things.

Saban could have an average QB behind the line of scrimmage and still win National Championships.

I mostly agree. I just think it's weak to say he isn't developing QBs. All you can do is get your guy drafted in the first round. If he can't parlay that into success, that's on him. I just think it's a huge stretch to say Bama is getting QBs drafted early but not developing them properly.

If producing 1st round grades isn't good development, I'd hate to see how Pruitt's brand of development could be described.

Reactions: VolByLaw

Allz I know is that NFL or no, a starter under Saban knows how to play the game...at a high level. That’s DEVELOPMENT. Case in point, no team was beating Clemson...or more specifically DESHAUN WATSON in that 2016 bowl game for all the marbles. And Jacob effin Coker was last man standing. He doesn’t make every play possible in that shootout and they don’t win that game and the NC...development.

Reactions: Vols4us

VN Store

Back