'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Then why have TN hat on the table and throw out in recent radio interviews that they were still in the mix? Why not have a hat for every school that offered him if he’s gonna surround himself with the symbols of places that were off his list but part of the process? He should have announced a final 2 as soon as that was decided, February 1 or whenever. The whole thing with the UT hat was a shot, probably asked for by Bama, to show other prospects that Vols do not have any kind of fence around the state. Sadly, this does hurt us and will keep on hurting for at least the next three years unless Ty turns out to be a crummy college QBs and CJH starts pulling upset wins right out of the gate and has no screwball upset losses like Pruitt did. 2022 in state recruiting is going to decide whether or not CJH gets a year 4 here. No matter how bad things may be now, people will not tolerate losing in year 3 while watching TN kids win everywhere but UTK.
Unless Heupel’s on-field product rivals Pruitt’s in blehness, Heupel isn’t getting fired over his first recruiting class. We’re spending $10 mil on personnel who aren’t even here! Your dreams of firing anybody who isn’t Chip Kelly have reached their use by date.

For the record I’m glad we didn’t get Ty to commit.

He is overrated and will not start at Alabama ever. He does not have the arm strength for one. Two, he has never played against “Top Tier Talent” the throws he made in High School would easily get picked off in college.

He is a project and we don’t need a project. Especially not with the QBs we have in the room currently. Also, he is only 6’1 and that’s Short for a QB unless you have speed on your side.

Just curious if he had committed if you would say you are not happy he did. He’s a project, this is bad, etc?

For the record I’m glad we didn’t get Ty to commit.

He is overrated and will not start at Alabama ever. He does not have the arm strength for one. Two, he has never played against “Top Tier Talent” the throws he made in High School would easily get picked off in college.

He is a project and we don’t need a project. Especially not with the QBs we have in the room currently. Also, he is only 6’1 and that’s Short for a QB unless you have speed on your side.

Saban is used to projects.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Never change volnation. 3rd nationally ranked QB just went from superstar to trash and an arsehole in a matter of seconds 🙄. Geez wish the KID well and move on

What doesn’t make sense to me is that he ever considered playing for Pruitt Chaney and Weinke. Did he watch any of our games last year?

Never change volnation. 3rd nationally ranked QB just went from superstar to trash and an arsehole in a matter of seconds 🙄. Geez wish the KID well and move on
I’m not disparaging him on social media or trashing him on this message board...also not wishing him well.

I just find it crazy that Ty talked and zoomed CJH every day this month knowing he was going to Alabama.
Give the kid a break. I think he genuinely felt that acting as if he was listening to Heupel was an act of generosity and respect. He was in a no win situation. There was no good choice in handling the UT end of the matter.

I had his team in a couple of games I officiated my last year, which would have been Ty's soph season. All I know is the level of play in that area is very mediocre overall so it's a bit hard to say how well he will do at Bama or anywhere else, but I just didn't see future stud at a big-time program in what I saw, jmo. The talent level Horn plays against is far superior.

Reactions: Catbone
Give the kid a break. I think he genuinely felt that acting as if he was listening to Heupel was an act of generosity and respect. He was in a no win situation. There was no good choice in handling the UT end of the matter.

AP suggested before his commitment that he was knowingly playing games. There is being cordial, and then there is being deceptive.

Good grief.............the young man chose a different path, get over it. I wish he chose UT, but he didn't. Move on......

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Yes there was just go ahead and commit to Bama or at least stop telling the coach and fans that we have a shot when in reality you never gave the new staff a chance to recruit you.

Yes there was just go ahead and commit to Bama or at least stop telling the coach and fans that we have a shot when in reality you never gave the new staff a chance to recruit you.

Could’ve known he wanted to go to Bama on Feb 1 but kept talking to Heup just in case something clicked. Heup just didn’t have enough time with him.

Either way we’ll be just fine.

Could’ve known he wanted to go to Bama on Feb 1 but kept talking to Heup just in case something clicked. Heup just didn’t have enough time with him.

Either way we’ll be just fine.
My favorite qb in this class that we have potential to land has always been horn so missing on Ty doesn't bother me any.

7-53 and 0-48

6 of 22, 34 yards, 1 INT

What Westview did against 3rd best team in district.

Simpson's stats against that team in 2020.

Number of D1 prospects on that team that outscored Westview 101-7 = 0

The mystery grows as to how Ty got his fifth star. This has all the writings of JG.

I had his team in a couple of games I officiated my last year, which would have been Ty's soph season. All I know is the level of play in that area is very mediocre overall so it's a bit hard to say how well he will do at Bama or anywhere else, but I just didn't see future stud at a big-time program in what I saw, jmo. The talent level Horn plays against is far superior.
And plenty of people said this. So much that I kept thinking if he committed to us we would hear it until he threw at least 2 TDs in a game.

VN Store

Back