'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Total Lack of class. I expect a lot more of Jason Simpson. As a state employee and a college coach, you should know better then to lead a school, especially is that same system as yours, on like he did. Ty knew he was doing this too. AP made it clear to both of them what they were doing. They burned a lot of bridges here.

👍Pretty ballsy for a man that’s been paid a long time by the UT system to be an average coach to allow his kid to pull this stunt. Guarandamntee ya that if the states were reversed and Simpson coached at UA-Huntsville, Simpson would be looking for a new job tomorrow.

Total Lack of class. I expect a lot more of Jason Simpson. As a state employee and a college coach, you should know better then to lead a school, especially is that same system as yours, on like he did. Ty knew he was doing this too. AP made it clear to both of them what they were doing. They burned a lot of bridges here.

He better win.

I honestly don’t know why everyone is so upset...he literally said it was between bama and clemson at the end...we were in 3rd going into today.

He committed to bama, sure, but let’s see where he signs later this year after seeing our offense.

Reactions: feathersax
Like I said it took me atleast 5 mins to be impressed with ty’s tape more so than sam’s tape it took me two mins to realize that horn just has something about him that IT factor I really don’t see it in ty to be honest and if they did camps this year I really don’t think he would be top 3 at his position

giphy.gif

I honestly don’t know why everyone is so upset...he literally said it was between bama and clemson at the end...we were in 3rd going into today.

He committed to bama, sure, but let’s see where he signs later this year after seeing our offense.
Why everyone is upset? Prolly had nothing to do with him saying he’s known for a month yet didn’t tell CJH and kept talking to him multiple times a day for a month then invited a bunch of Vol fans to watch him pick a Rival...

Then why have TN hat on the table and throw out in recent radio interviews that they were still in the mix? Why not have a hat for every school that offered him if he’s gonna surround himself with the symbols of places that were off his list but part of the process? He should have announced a final 2 as soon as that was decided, February 1 or whenever. The whole thing with the UT hat was a shot, probably asked for by Bama, to show other prospects that Vols do not have any kind of fence around the state. Sadly, this does hurt us and will keep on hurting for at least the next three years unless Ty turns out to be a crummy college QBs and CJH starts pulling upset wins right out of the gate and has no screwball upset losses like Pruitt did. 2022 in state recruiting is going to decide whether or not CJH gets a year 4 here. No matter how bad things may be now, people will not tolerate losing in year 3 while watching TN kids win everywhere but UTK.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Oddly enough, for someone who wants to be the guy as he says. Simpson picked the one school where they can and will recruit over him. Thoughts anyone?

For the record I’m glad we didn’t get Ty to commit.

He is overrated and will not start at Alabama ever. He does not have the arm strength for one. Two, he has never played against “Top Tier Talent” the throws he made in High School would easily get picked off in college.

He is a project and we don’t need a project. Especially not with the QBs we have in the room currently. Also, he is only 6’1 and that’s Short for a QB unless you have speed on your side.

VN Store

Back