'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

It may not be trolling, but it is indeed embarrassing that there are those on this board with the opinion that some teenager has some duty to our fanbase to not “embarrass” us by committing to another school in a public ceremony.

I’m not using “trolling” as a force field. If you want to engage in conversation, fine let’s engage. But I have yet to see an articulate, coherent argument for why Ty should tailor his commitment to ensure our fanbase isn’t emotionally scarred, instead of just doing what he wants because it’s what he deserves.
I wonder if the statement "doing what he wants" is even true. At first, the narrative was AL/Clem was putting pressure on him to make a decision. Yesterday it was stated he wanted to do it so his dad can concentrate on the college season. AP stated he still was uncertain on what to do as of two days ago. Not sure any of those tell me he is doing this because he is ready. He can make the decision in June after his dad's college season is over withe and who knows, he might actual be able to visit schools in person by then.
Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: Pacer92
I didn't call TY a cuck. I called the ones that suck up to the dude that potentially calls announcement in front of a bunch of Tennessee fans that he's going to another school.
You're assuming a lot.

He's for sure committing to a college in front of a lot of Ty Simpson fans. That's why he's doing it.

What's embarrassing are supposed fans that are ok with excusing 17 year olds for punking or disrespecting the team they supposedly are a fan of.

Here’s the thing, and I know it’s a CRAZY concept, but bear with me....what if I told you he’s not punking TN fans by committing to another school in a public ceremony that 99% of 4 and 5 star players participate in?

What if....he’s just a normal kid doing what normal football recruits do?

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
So you think that Heupel would quit trying to talk to Ty on a daily basis if he already knew that Ty plans to commit to Clemson or Alabama tomorrow? I don't. I think he'll continue to talk to him as much as possible in order to try to get him to change his mind before December.
Dabo demands recruits shut down their recruitment when they join the Clemson Cult.

I don't know or pretend to know who he picks...

But his father's statement a few weeks ago about what's best for his future (something like that) sounds like.....not us. jmo

Here’s the thing, and I know it’s a CRAZY concept, but bear with me....what if I told you he’s not punking TN fans by committing to another school in a public ceremony that 99% of 4 and 5 star players participate in?

Here's the thing. I know this may as come as a shock to you it some people have pride in their university and don't liked it kicked around. I'm sure you don't care because you don't have pride. Iys about.class something I seriously doubt you would recognize. It's about being humble and not drawing unneeded bad attention on the school you're supposedly a fan of. A fan base that's been through more than they deserve for over a decade. It's some to me, just eliminate Tennessee and chose between Bama and Clemson. What does it cost to do that? One ounce of class?

He isn’t punking us by any means. But he could have publicly eliminated us when Pruitt got fired and said he is no longer considering us. That would have given JH a heads up to put the full court press on other guys.

Do you have any proof that Ty hasn’t been leading JH on? Telling him that he is coming?

Here's the thing. I know this may as come as a shock to you it some people have pride in their university and don't liked it kicked around. I'm sure you don't care because you don't have pride. Iys about.class something I seriously doubt you would recognize. It's about being humble and not drawing unneeded bad attention on the school you're supposedly a fan of. A fan base that's been through more than they deserve for over a decade. It's some to me, just eliminate Tennessee and chose between Bama and Clemson. What does it cost to do that? One ounce of class?

Completely agree. Why not after Pruitt got fired, just tell AP, Hubbs and everyone else that he is only focusing on Bama and Clemson?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I’m not sold on the “keep recruiting him even if he commits somewhere else”. We would need to move on completely especially if we can get Horn. Go all in on Horn and just forget Ty. QBs rarely flip anyways and it’s not like we would sign both of them.

It depends on how bad Heupel wants Simpson.

Even if he chooses Bama or Clemson, his recruitment will go on all the way to NSD.

VN Store

Back