'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Perhaps because UT is legitimately in his top 3 and AP has said that he was a lock to commit to UT before Pruitt got fired.

Why does he have to have such allegiance to UT just because he is from the state?
Where did I say he had to have an allegiance to UT? I said he should show some class.

I generally agree, but a QB dang sure can. Swap out JG the past few years with a top-tier QB1, and I think we see vastly different records, which builds momentum on the recruiting trail.
There is the problem. Who is to really say the kid is a top QB until you get him on campus? Most people thought JG was. There is very little guarantee to these rating systems which only rates players based on which school they choose. Simpson will be a 5 star if he picks Clemson or Alabama, but only a 4 star if he picks UT.

Where did I say he had to have an allegiance to UT? I said he should show some class.

But by saying he should show UT some class, you’re essentially saying that he owes UT (us fans) something more than he owes everybody else. My question is why?

I'm guessing that most of the people who will be there are friends and family who will be happy for TS no matter where he goes. Sure, they would love it if he went to UT seeing as most of them probably are UT fans. They're not attending for UT's sake, though. They're attending because they care about TS and want to celebrate with him regardless of where he chooses to go.

This.

Was he calling TY a “cuck”? Thought he was calling you that. 😉 And you cling to this force field that anyone engaging you in conversation is “trolling”...it’s working great.

It may not be trolling, but it is indeed embarrassing that there are those on this board with the opinion that some teenager has some duty to our fanbase to not “embarrass” us by committing to another school in a public ceremony.

I’m not using “trolling” as a force field. If you want to engage in conversation, fine let’s engage. But I have yet to see an articulate, coherent argument for why Ty should tailor his commitment to ensure our fanbase isn’t emotionally scarred, instead of just doing what he wants because it’s what he deserves.

I’ll give InVOLuntary this, if Ty’s quote to Wiltfong is true, and it really is 50/50 between Clemson and Bama, he shouldn’t have a UT hat on the table. We shall see!

If he didn't have the Tennessee hat on the table, some fans would be mad and saying "he didn't even give Heupel a fair chance".

It may not be trolling, but it is indeed embarrassing that there are those on this board with the opinion that some teenager has some duty to our fanbase to not “embarrass” us by committing to another school in a public ceremony.

I’m not using “trolling” as a force field. If you want to engage in conversation, fine let’s engage. But I have yet to see an articulate, coherent argument for why Ty should tailor his commitment to ensure our fanbase isn’t emotionally scarred, instead of just doing what he wants because it’s what he deserves.
You’re extrapolating what you need and making it your own narrative. No one’s indicated “duty”. or “emotionally scarred”...that’s your junk. InVol takes issue with the style points involved if it’s Bama or Clemson. Something tells me some of our “fans” defending this public announcement will query why go through all this if the answer is Vols. Like the twerp announcer at Josh Malone’s.

Reactions: feathersax
We don’t owe you anything either

I don’t want anyone to owe me anything. Butchna like to emphasize letting people have their “opinions” and it is my opinion that some of our fans need to grow up and stop holding Ty to some unfair standard that we literally do not have for almost any other recruit.

Reactions: hibbs
If he didn't have the Tennessee hat on the table, some fans would be mad and saying "he didn't even give Heupel a fair chance".
That’s not really the point. If Tennessee is truly eliminated, you let the coaches know that you’re choosing someone else so that they stop wasting their time recruiting you and can move on to someone else. No harm in coming out and saying you’ve narrowed it down to two finalists.

I posted plenty of “Freeze is coming” posts. Lots did and I agree I don’t think most actually wanted/thought UT would hire him.

But the ones who are still hanging onto that dream........
There's still some thinking gruden can still wind up here.

That number has dwindled some since hires were made...😏

Reactions: MarcoVol
That’s not really the point. If Tennessee is truly eliminated, you let the coaches know that you’re choosing someone else so that they stop wasting their time recruiting you and can move on to someone else. No harm in coming out and saying you’ve narrowed it down to two finalists.

Who's to say that he hasn't already let the coaches know? Even if he hasn't, it isn't like he will have been the first kid to handle it that way, and he definitely won't be the last. As much as I would like for him to come.here, I just don't see anything to be mad about as far as how he is handling this. That's just me.

I don’t want anyone to owe me anything. Butchna like to emphasize letting people have their “opinions” and it is my opinion that some of our fans need to grow up and stop holding Ty to some unfair standard that we literally do not have for almost any other recruit.
Well...that’s your OPINION. Up to us to heed...or disregard. 😎

The multiple reports that Heupel is still talking to him daily.

You’re just arguing to argue at this point, my dude.

So? I mean, I think we're really overblowing this. If he hasn't let the coaches know, he will have been one in a long line of hundreds of recruits to have gone that route. Its just not a big deal to me. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Reactions: feathersax
So this is weird.

The 50/50 quote came from Wiltfong.

Yesterday Wiltfong also uploaded a video where he discussed Ty.

The video makes it seem like Tennessee is in it. The quote doesn't.

The multiple reports that Heupel is still talking to him daily.

You’re just arguing to argue at this point, my dude.
So you think that Heupel would quit trying to talk to Ty on a daily basis if he already knew that Ty plans to commit to Clemson or Alabama tomorrow? I don't. I think he'll continue to talk to him as much as possible in order to try to get him to change his mind before December.

What's embarrassing are supposed fans that are ok with excusing 17 year olds for punking or disrespecting the team they supposedly are a fan of.

VN Store

Back