'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

So he is making a decision that he might not be 100% sure about, because two teams told him to do it now or never. I would in turn tell those teams to ........, of course it's easier for me to say that because I have nothing at stake in this. He needs to be 100% sure in his decision regardless if it's TN or somebody else. Don't want to be second guessing immediately after a decision is made.
He is doing it now so his dad can focus on his season and not worry about his son’s recruitment. His dad’s team begins play this weekend against Murray State.

The entire first paragraph of your post is just silly. He’s just a kid announcing where he’s going to school. He doesn’t have to protect your feelings or the feelings of fans of a different school. It literally says nothing about what he has between the ears.

Harrison Bailey announced he was going to UT in front of a room full of UGA fans in the state of Georgia when UGA was winning 10+ games and the Vols were poop
What do you mean “were” poop?

Reactions: MarcoVol
Someone on Swain said on Clay Travis radio show this morning, Ty Simpson invited Clay to his announcement tomorrow.
I’m pretty sure that Clay talked to Ty and had their pictured taken at one of the games they both went to this season. It mightve been the Bama game. Not sure though.

The entire first paragraph of your post is just silly. He’s just a kid announcing where he’s going to school. He doesn’t have to protect your feelings or the feelings of fans of a different school. It literally says nothing about what he has between the ears.

Harrison Bailey announced he was going to UT in front of a room full of UGA fans in the state of Georgia when UGA was winning 10+ games and the Vols were poop
Did UGA even recruit Bailey? I was under the impression they weren’t really in it for him.

Ty and his Dad understands that picking anyone but UT will rip out the soul of Volnation. I'd they don't know this, then they don't understand the magnitude of his decision and the impact it will have on this fan base.
If he doesn’t commit to Tennessee, do you think AD White will put out a statement suggesting Ty failed us fans, as a player?
GBO!!

tenor.gif

YEP.... single wing was what it was and he did what he thought he needed to do. Fear of the unknown, but assumed bad, is what it is too. Really wish he could have deferred his decision till just before ESD. Think it cost us now, and even if he picks up our hat now, fear a change in heart if we really get hammered. That might hurt worse. Hopefully NCAA cards will be played before then and we might get another shot if he picks another spot now, Lots of trends possible.

Ty and his Dad understands that picking anyone but UT will rip out the soul of Volnation. I'd they don't know this, then they don't understand the magnitude of his decision and the impact it will have on this fan base.

Feels like it needs to be said that a high school kid doesn't owe a college football fan base anything.

We're gonna be pumping up Salter and Horn next week. It's okay.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
I don't think they really care about this. This is, and should be a business decision for them. It's a no Brainer if he wants to succeed at the next level to go to Bammer or Clemson. He can succeed here too, but its not as given as those other 2 schools. I certainly don't blame him if he doesn't want to come here.

Why would either of them care is my question?
While they shouldn't care to the extent that it drives his decision, they have to at least consider where they live. Go ask Chad Clifton about those folks in Martin, those Vol fans. Better yet, go ask Lou Holtz. Whenever he did an in-home with Chad, some fans took to his car in the driveway. Can't recall what all they did to it, but I do remember they shaving creamed it, and wrote "THIS IS VOL COUNTRY" across his hood or front windshield.

I'm sure they care, and are doing everything they can to be as considerate as they can be...if it's not UT.

Do they? Dad played at Southern Miss and Mississippi State, and assuming Ty plays at Alabama, what does it matter?

Even if we think they are Vol fans, do we think Trevor Lawrence is still a Vol fan?

If you’re a fan when you’re 6 years old then you have to attend THAT college. Don’t you know the rules?

VN Store

Back