'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Tennessee’s incompetence has made Dabo Swinney look like a real football coach. Boyd, Lawrence and now Simpson? Are you freakin kidding me?
Dude, wtf are you talking about? Take some advice, just stop showing your ass.

In 13 seasons, Dabo is 140-33...that's winning 80% of his games. He's won 9 Division titles, 7 Conference titles, and 2 National titles.

Do you really want to make yourself look this idiotic?

...................but he could easily be like Tua's little brother; riding the bench.
He could, and that is something that will have to factor into his decision. But it is HIS decision.

And in the interest of transparency, I won’t be a bit surprised if he finishes his career elsewhere should he initially choose Bama or Clemson. I’m not completely enamored with the kid, and personally feel like Horn has a higher upside. I’ve said that for 6 months, or more. I just believe he has the right to choose his own path, and the idea that he should omit any potential school out of fandom is ridiculous.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
Lol. Some of you are gonna melt down and blame JH if Simpson doesn’t come here.

No reason too.

Heupel walked into a clown show with barely any time to build a relationship with Simpson.

If Simpson doesn’t come here, it’s because he wants to play for an immediate winner.

Dude, wtf are you talking about? Take some advice, just stop showing your ass.

In 13 seasons, Dabo is 140-33...that's winning 80% of his games. He's won 9 Division titles, 7 Conference titles, and 2 National titles.

Do you really want to make yourself look this idiotic?

Youre a keyboard badass, aren’t you? Boyd was committed to Tennessee under Fulmer and stayed loyal until Kiffin told him AND the record setting QB that went to Baylor to move on. Dabo wouldn’t have had Boyd most likely if Kiffin hadn’t totally missed on the kid. Now Bray was a nice QB but nothing like those two in the COLLEGE game. Boyd didn’t have a 10 yr NFL career holding a clipboard but he was a better college QB than Bray. That’s incompetence.

Next, Lawrence grew up a Tennessee fan. Family is from Tennessee. Wanted to be a Vol until Jones told him he “didn’t fit his system”. Now Quinton Dormady did fit his system but Lawrence did not. I’d classify that as incompetent.

Don’t forget Jones & Tee’s relationship was strained after Tee turned Jones down which resulted in his son, Amari and Tee Hodge going to Clemson, Hodge after being committed to Tennessee for over a year.

The hiring of Pruitt has proven to be more incompetence. I understand the shitshow the last hiring was but the entire fiasco is an prime example of incompetence. With a stable coaching situation I think it would be likely Simpson is a Vol.

Now imagine Dabo without Boyd & Lawrence (I won’t include Watson but he was also rumored to be a Vol commit before Kiffin left). You think he’d have the record you so strongly pointed out? I doubt it. I doubt he’d even been the coach at Clemson for Watson if he hadn’t signed Boyd. Dabo was struggling until Boyd showed up.

Now if you don’t think that Clemson and Dabo haven’t benefited greatly from the mismanagement & incompetence at the University of Tennessee, I can’t help you.

Youre a keyboard badass, aren’t you? Boyd was committed to Tennessee under Fulmer and stayed loyal until Kiffin told him AND the record setting QB that went to Baylor to move on. Dabo wouldn’t have had Boyd most likely if Kiffin hadn’t totally missed on the kid. Now Bray was a nice QB but nothing like those two in the COLLEGE game. Boyd didn’t have a 10 yr NFL career holding a clipboard but he was a better college QB than Bray. That’s incompetence.

Next, Lawrence grew up a Tennessee fan. Family is from Tennessee. Wanted to be a Vol until Jones told him he “didn’t fit his system”. Now Quinton Dormady did fit his system but Lawrence did not. I’d classify that as incompetent.

Don’t forget Jones & Tee’s relationship was strained after Tee turned Jones down which resulted in his son, Amari and Tee Hodge going to Clemson, Hodge after being committed to Tennessee for over a year.

The hiring of Pruitt has proven to be more incompetence. I understand the shitshow the last hiring was but the entire fiasco is an prime example of incompetence. With a stable coaching situation I think it would be likely Simpson is a Vol.

Now imagine Dabo without Boyd & Lawrence (I won’t include Watson but he was also rumored to be a Vol commit before Kiffin left). You think he’d have the record you so strongly pointed out? I doubt it. I doubt he’d even been the coach at Clemson for Watson if he hadn’t signed Boyd. Dabo was struggling until Boyd showed up.

Now if you don’t think that Clemson and Dabo haven’t benefited greatly from the mismanagement & incompetence at the University of Tennessee, I can’t help you.
Much rather be THOUGHT a keyboard badass, than KNOWN a keyboard jackass.

Last edited:
Someone asked AP about his comment on the podcast when he said Ty was very calculated with his comments towards UT to the media

But why do that interview last Friday if you're aware of how it might be perceived if you don't go to UT?

Does the extra week lead Simpson to think more with his heart than his head as AP has alluded that is where Simpson is with this decision.

Callahan and Price have said it's Bama if not UT and they as well recruited to the in state prospects as anyone. Swain said on his show that if VQ or Callahan go to the announcement, he'd think that's a good sign. I guess if they aren't attending, that will be pretty telling as well.

Reactions: Kristy*
No reason too.

Heupel walked into a clown show with barely any time to build a relationship with Simpson.

If Simpson doesn’t come here, it’s because he wants to play for an immediate winner.

I completely agree with you. But watch and see. If Simpson picks Bama, there will be some that blames it on Heupel and White for hiring him.

This is another reason why I'm glad our new staff is recruiting Sam Horn. Hopefully we can land Dallan Hayden because he will definitely be able to sway some of the TN in-state kids.

Reactions: ArdentVol
My wife graduated from Ridgemont Elementary and then Onion County High School. But I don't hold it against her 😁
Ahh. Must have good taste then. I too attended Ridgemont Elementary and graduated from Obion County. Class of 2006 btw so no 13 year old troll here. Also, OBION...not Onion.

Even though Simpson isn’t committing here, there is still a good chance we get him with a good offensive showing this season.

Simpson isn’t coming here and he has tried his best to make that clear. It’s fine. There are other QBs but no need to get ourselves worked up.

Really need to land Hayden now if we want to be successful in-state in 2022.

How has he tried his best to make that clear? Why wouldn’t he just eliminate us? Also instate success is irrelevant.

Reactions: UTMVol76 and jp1

VN Store

Back