'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

I'm not even sure Simpson's teams have a winning record in 3A football. Even this year, his team was blown out in several games including a getting shut out at least once. I know he is highly touted but you'd think if he was that great, he'd be a dominating a weak small school schedule.
It’s a team sport and everyone needs to do their part. Pruitt says everyone around JG needs to do better

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Looks like the whole family made the trip.

Article from Clemson says that Ty is on facetime with Clemson weekly, with one visit with the Clemson president.

Nothing recently other Clemson clearly is our biggest competition.

Rumors maybe Ty’s dad is trying to get a job with the school his son lands at.
He’d have to be an on field assistant for that to happen and that won’t happen. If he took an analyst type role Ty wouldn’t be allowed at the same school.

He’d have to be an on field assistant for that to happen and that won’t happen. If he took an analyst type role Ty wouldn’t be allowed at the same school.

Ty’s dad as next OC/QB Coach The desperation move by Pruitt to get this kid.

Didn’t we hear a couple weeks ago that the coaches drool over him, welp.

Only concern with Simpson is his HS team sucks. I know he’s just one player, but usually if you have an elite QB your high school team is 10 steps ahead of everybody else and kicking ass. Just makes me think of JG who never put up points in high school and it’s carried over to college. I know - apples to oranges. But I like stat stuffers who also win. Like Bailey and like Horn.

Lol. Spoken like a coach married to a specific QB.
Sounds like he is a coach who realizes that our players are not playing well and everyone needs to improve. The real question is, who are capable of improving and how can they get those players to so. Seems like practice and recruiting are the answers. Bitcking and denial are not the answers.

Reactions: miket4god
Pruitt is correct.
Yes, but having played baseball at that level the best analogy I can correlate is nothing is worse than playing first base and watching a pitcher that constantly walks hitters and there’s nothing you can do. It’s extremely hard to not get frustrated and slightly complacent so when the pitcher finally throws a strike and the ball gets hit you typically are a step slow. Just like the qb a pitcher can ultimately effect the other 8 defenders if they constantly struggle. A pitcher that goes out and pounds the zone you typically don’t see that.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Sounds like he is a coach who realizes that our players are not playing well and everyone needs to improve. The real question is, who are capable of improving and how can they get those players to so. Seems like practice and recruiting are the answers. Bitcking and denial are not the answers.
I’m not meaning to say he’s inherently wrong. I’m just stating it’s easy to say that when it’s obvious for a year now that the qb he keeps trotting out sucks any life out of the team once he makes a mistake. He dominoes his mistakes because he psychologically can’t get past them.

VN Store

Back