'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Not even the best 2022 QB in the state anymore.

“Then why did Bama take him” because they needed a high ranked guy to keep the fans happy. He’ll likely never see the field there.
What was the name of the QB a few years ago that came down to Bama and the Vols? Highly rated out if Texas if I remember correctly. Never played a down at Bama.

Private 1A and 1A public schools are a big difference. MONEY.
Teague and Smith were at USJ because it’s the only reputable school in Madison County, not because they were on “scholarship” there. USJ doesn’t pay for athletes. Bruceron-Hollow Rock is public.

Those three guys are outliers.......and Trey Teague wasn’t highly recruited anyway.

Teague and Smith were at USJ because it’s the only reputable school in Madison County, not because they were on “scholarship” there. USJ doesn’t pay for athletes. Bruceron-Hollow Rock is public.

Those three guys are outliers.......and Trey Teague wasn’t highly recruited anyway.
It still doesn't change the fact of 1A private is drastically different from 1A public.

Reactions: VOLCENTS1985

Teague was highly rated…and recruited. Remembered him on that Emfingers list of blue chip prospects. Think Bama finished second and Notre Dame was in the running.

It still doesn't change the fact of 1A private is drastically different from 1A public.
Mainly due to coaching.......and the private schools are usually in bigger cities. 1A public schools are in small towns.

Plus. When Teague was at USJ, there was no private school division and USJ was D2AA when Smith was there.

Teague was highly rated…and recruited. Remembered him on that Emfingers list of blue chip prospects. Think Bama finished second and Notre Dame was in the running.
I don’t remember that. My sister was in his class. I very well could be wrong.

Edit.....he was a blue-chip All American
I stand corrected.

Mainly due to coaching.......and the private schools are usually in bigger cities. 1A public schools are in small towns.

Plus. When Teague was at USJ, there was no private school division and USJ was D2AA when Smith was there.

D2AA also has ECS, Lausanne, St.George’s, and Harding in the Memphis area. Guys like Marlon Brown, Brad Cottam, Morgan Cox, Barrett Jones, and Eric Gray have come from these schools.

D2AA also has ECS, Lausanne, St.George’s, and Harding in the Memphis area. Guys like Marlon Brown, Brad Cottam, Morgan Cox, Barrett Jones, and Eric Gray have come from these schools.
D2AA is pretty solid. I got to quite a few of those games

VN Store

Back