'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

I hope he goes the bama and throws 5 interceptions his first game and never sees the field there again, or there comes a time where he wants to come back to Tennessee and coach tells him forget it

There’s some truth to this I agree. But it’s not just Saban, it’s the trio of Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State. The outcome is pre-determined that it’s one of them every season. Really no excitement because we all know how it ends before the season even starts now.

Oh St has won 1 NC in the last 19 years. They aren't the problem.

Please explain this.. this should be good..
We were second fiddle every year, except for one. We always came up short, except for 1 year. We could never beat Spurrier, except for that one year. We never dominated, even that one year. I think that's what he means but he can answer better than I.

Vols will never be back until they can get prospects like this to commit and they will never get prospects like this to commit until they get back Vicious chicken and egg cycle. The only way around it is to hire a superstar, which we seem to be incapable of doing here. Glad I got to live through the 90s. it will never happen again. Vols are new Vandy.
If only we had hired Chip Kelly, we'd be off and running...to a 10-21 record.

Considering there is a 99% there will be a one time transfer rule by that time, what is the downside?

Get top tier QB development for two years at Bama. If you win the job, you are basically guaranteed to be a first round pick. If you don't, go wherever you want for your last two years and try to get drafted from there.

Hardly devastating. The decision makes sense no matter how you slice it.
QB development? They lost their qb coach and offensive coordinator.....

We were second fiddle every year, except for one. We always came up short, except for 1 year. We could never beat Spurrier, except for that one year. We never dominated, even that one year. I think that's what he means but he can answer better than I.
I get that but.. this was the best in Tennessee football history and if we ever see this again in my life like i did in the 90’s and early 00’s I’m for that second fiddle again..

I hope he goes the bama and throws 5 interceptions his first game and never sees the field there again, or there comes a time where he wants to come back to Tennessee and coach tells him forget it
if he does it will be mop up duty or maybe a start against dick state u. He is not going to play there and finally this bs experience is over with. Now recruit players that want UT. The kid id pretty good but he is by no means a program maker or a program breaker. There are plenty of QBs out there that are better and may end up better. Good luck sir

Well at least we already have young QB's in the stable...If Simpson had committed to UT, someone or two would have been transferring [not leaving out Simpson as one of them] GBO 👍🧡

Where is everyone coming up with if you go to Alabama you are assured a 1st round draft pick. They have had 4 or 5 QB’s picked in the first round IN THE HISTORY OF THEIR PROGRAM. Tua was the last one and the last 1st round draft before that was Richard Todd in 1976. LOL

Last edited:

101-7 is what Martin Westview lost to a district team the past two years. This team that beat Westview 101-7 finished 3rd in the district both years (one spot ahead of Westview) and did not have a D1 player on its roster.

Reactions: aredfox28
Not surprising, but I do wish he would've picked Clemson over Bama.

In any case, I know there are a lot of people who think Horn is better than Simpson. I haven't seen enough of either to have an opinion, but hoping we land Horn.

Heupel and the Tn. Program are a complete mystery now except for the fact we likely lose high ranked recruits every time we go directly against Alabama and Clemson. Not a shocker at all.

I was just a little surprised he wanted to get this over before the start of his next season since he is going to his states number one football enemy. I think he would have been smarter to get his season going first. I understand the normal get it behind me logic, but this is not a run of the mill situation. I hope he and his dad can support hard core VOLS who decide to quietly sit out this season. Can anyone define the level of BIG ORANGE loyalty in the area? Not sure how that runs in the home of the little brother school. Not sure what I would do if I was normally a supporter of that HS after my emotions settled down knowing my other neighbors kids are there too. I am sure my enthusiasm would take a hit, but don't know if I could justify bailing out for a season. He is now a QB for the number one enemy at his own election.

Bc he grew close to Pruitt over a couple years..... he has known JH for a month.
Relationship thing. For sure. Also Bama in his ear telling him we are getting hammered by Ncaa rather true or not its recruiting. No problem. Salter is just one year ahead of him and I love his talent and upside tremendously. In CHRIST Alone

eh. so nothing changes really. we didn't have him yesterday, don't have him today. same, same.

the only thing that would have changed, is had he chosen us, it changes the dynamic for a brand new staff in recruiting the rest of the prospects in state.

by him not choosing us, it changes nothing in regards to the difficulty level in recruiting those same prospects.

so we didn't lose anything, per se. new staff, new ad, new....everything. the only way we had a better shot at getting him was if he put off his commitment.

so, we move on. i definitely don't blame the kid. it's our fault he's not here (our being the collective Tennessee program that can't get out of it's own way, not 'our' as fans).

it's gonna be about what we put on the field and who we can get to buy in to that. very hard sell right now. just gonna have to give it some time. no choice really.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
He was only coming here if Pruitt hired his daddy.
His daddy wasn’t going to take the job. He wasn’t leaving his team a couple of weeks before their season me the job wouldn’t have been open in April when they were done.

That’s not to say Ty wouldn’t have come here if Pruitt was still here, but it wouldn’t have been because his dad got a job.

VN Store

Back