'22 TN QB Tevin Carter (Memphis commit)

You can't lose something you are not looking for. Dumb to put him in the category of "lost" when the new staff would not have even taken his commitment at QB. He was a loss for the baseball staff. They wanted him for sure.
I agree he would help any college baseball team. I doubt that he will end up in college because he will be drafted very high in the baseball draft.

ELITE11- NASHVILLE- Finished 3rd overall (ahead of Gavin Wimsatt)
Next Five: Tevin Carter - Memphis (Tenn.) Kirby: Carter probably had the biggest arm at the event. He’s got a lot of raw physical talent and tested well at 6-foot-4, 230 pounds. Carter threw a tight ball and hit the vertical planes downfield with accuracy. He didn’t have a 2020 season which he needed in terms of development to his game but he showed up today and displayed some elite traits. Carter can power the ball downfield with the best of them and could be a big time player at the next level if his continues to refine his footwork and tie everything together.- Clint Brewster

Last edited:
We need all the good QB's we can get that are willing to compete and not run from the competition because there will be some.

It will be interesting to see how he develops over the years if he goes to the right situation for him. He has a lot of potential that needs polishing.

Reactions: T Dog
Surely we could find this kid a spot on roster somewhere. Line up as WR (ya know, like we tricksted so many by lining up Worleybird)?

Seriously, it would be cool to find this kid a spot on roster, esp if we have room. Seems like a player.

Feel bad for this kid - robbed of his junior season which is monumentally important.

We are gonna see more kids than normal who don't fit their ratings (whether they play worse or better). Carter has the tools to wayyy outplay his, as mentioned above.

Seeing how things with Salter worked out, I wish we could have given the opportunity to take Tevin or Luther Richessen. Alas, we look set to only take 1 QB, which given our numbers is the right call.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back