'22 TN QB Luther Richesson

agree.

but if you put all your eggs in one basket, and that kid commits somewhere else, your hosed.
Sam Howell dissing FSU last minute comes to mind. I hope Jackson stays with his commitment.
You keep recruiting of course. Not advocating drop all contact. It’s why Oklahoma was ready for Caleb Williams when Vandergriff flipped to UGA. But bold faced expecting BOTH loses both imo. Too many options these days for kids who play that vital position.

I wouldn’t hate it as the #2 guy to Jackson in this class. Sounds like we are going to need another one.
If people are conserved that good QBs don't want to have competition, those are QBs who need to realize that the more competition they have, the better QB they will become. If you can not take the heat of competition, get out of the Kitchen or play another position. In the past, we recruited a lot of QBs many who became great players at other positions. however, I realize that todays young people have been taught that they are the best thing since sliced bread and want to have everything handed to they with out having to earn their place. We as parents and grandparents are as responsible for this attitude as the kids are.

If people are conserved that good QBs don't want to have competition, those are QBs who need to realize that the more competition they have, the better QB they will become. If you can not take the heat of competition, get out of the Kitchen or play another position. In the past, we recruited a lot of QBs many who became great players at other positions. however, I realize that todays young people have been taught that they are the best thing since sliced bread and want to have everything handed to they with out having to earn their place. We as parents and grandparents are as responsible for this attitude as the kids are.

Say it louder for those who didn't understand or hear it.

The QB we need to recruit hardest is Hendon Hooker. We need to ensure he returns for another season. But that said, we need to take two QBs this cycle...want Luther!
Because it is fairly likely that Bailey and/or Milton hit the portal if H² stays. And if that happens, it leaves only Tavyen Jackson and H² in the QB room. So, we likely need two recruits and another from the portal for this cycle. As the saying goes "We need to keep taking QBs until we get one."

The QB we need to recruit hardest is Hendon Hooker. We need to ensure he returns for another season. But that said, we need to take two QBs this cycle...want Luther!
Because it is fairly likely that Bailey and/or Milton hit the portal if H² stays. And if that happens, it leaves only Tavyen Jackson and H² in the QB room. So, we likely need two recruits and another from the portal for this cycle. As the saying goes "We need to keep taking QBs until we get one."
I would guess that Tayven is the only QB that will we take as a recruit…. Probably add a transfer to the mix as well.

Bailey is supposed to be transferring after this season

I would guess that Tayven is the only QB that will we take as a recruit…. Probably add a transfer to the mix as well.
Offering Destin Wade a shot at QB is starting to make more sense if all he's wanting is a chance and not a promise to be kept at QB no matter what. He would provide depth to a QB room that needs it and shouldn't push Jackson away. He also could turn out just like Hooker...you never know...or like Jennings. Either one is a win.

Hooker isn't listed on anyone's (that I can find) top 20 draft eligible QB's for next years draft. would be ridiculous if he didn't come back.

Jackson has never said anything about being worried about competition. Those comments have been primarily posters here. With that being said, I don't think they take another HS quarterback this class.

Funny you mention it, Kiper has him as his #8 draft-eligible QB in his newly-updated list, today.
Well then..............I stand corrected and obviously don't have ESPN+.
giphy.gif

I was equally surprised to see him that high on the list. Just funny timing.

As an aside, I highly recommend the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle. Well worth the ~$15.
I meant the ESPN+ on their website, but yes on the Bundle. ;)

VN Store

Back