'22 TN QB Kaden Martin (Legacy)

Would be nice to have a Manning and Martin on the roster again 😎

Why do people think coopers boy would go to TN? It’s not Peyton kid. Seems like he would clearly favor ole miss or cutcluffe. If not then that family will send him to whoever they feel is the best QBs developer in the nation. They currently feel that cut is that guy but how long does he coach

Why do people think coopers boy would go to TN? It’s not Peyton kid. Seems like he would clearly favor ole miss or cutcluffe. If not then that family will send him to whoever they feel is the best QBs developer in the nation. They currently feel that cut is that guy but how long does he coach
You can't just exclude him either. I know they think Cut is the best. But he may want to play on a good team also. And he may think enough of uncle Peyton to come to Tennessee, or maybe we have changed the perception by then both nationally and with QB coach CW

Last edited:
He has a shot at ANOTHER Manning? Long enough.

A lot of water will go over the dam before his recruiting is completed. I will wait until he has more HS experience before I get real excited about where he goes.

You can't just exclude him either. I know they think Cut is the best. But he may want to play on a good team also. And he may think enough of uncle Peyton to come to Tennessee, or maybe we have changed the perception by then both nationally and with QB coach CW

I don’t want him really. Its not that I think that he won’t be a great QB, but the Vol faithful’s expectations would crush the kid. I love Peyton, but the hero worship can be cringeworthy. Kaden’s dad is one of the best and the winningest QB to wear the T, but no matter how many stars he has by the time he is a senior, I think people would allow him to grow into the role, whereas another Manning would be expected to take over the minute he set foot on campus, win the Heisman, win the Natty that Uncle Peyton missed out on, and would still never be as good as Uncle Peyton.

Reactions: Hyperion
I don’t want him really. Its not that I think that he won’t be a great QB, but the Vol faithful’s expectations would crush the kid. I love Peyton, but the hero worship can be cringeworthy. Kaden’s dad is one of the best and the winningest QB to wear the T, but no matter how many stars he has by the time he is a senior, I think people would allow him to grow into the role, whereas another Manning would be expected to take over the minute he set foot on campus, win the Heisman, win the Natty that Uncle Peyton missed out on, and would still never be as good as Uncle Peyton.

With his families background I believe he would carry the proper mindset regardless of expectations. If he progresses as projected, I'll take my chances with him.

Last edited:
Simpson appears to have the higher ceiling. Maybe we can get both. Because this is the QB position, I would be ok with Martin going somewhere else to avoid potential JG treatment.

Is he for sure going to play football? Don't some believe he's an even better baseball prospect?
I have heard this also. He could play both in college. He would have to be around a top 50 baseball prospect in the country for it to be worth it for him to go straight to the MLB. He has the benefit of coming from a financially well off family so he can enjoy the college experience without the pressure of being pushed towards minor league baseball out of high school.

Reactions: VolForLife83
Arch is going to carry that expectation regardless where he goes. He's already being compared to them and considered better. Besides, if a player can't handle expectations, we don't need them, because we should expect greatness from all of players, regardless of bloodlines. Jmo

This is awesome. I hope for the best for this kid, whether it's at UT, or elsewhere.

“I was excited. Excitement is really the only word I can use to describe the feeling," Martin said. “Tennessee has always been a bit of a dream school for me. I’ve watched all the highlights of my dad from when he was here. Knowing what he did and the records he set, it’s helped me set goals for myself. “I’ve always wanted to come back and bring back that legacy he left here at Tennessee.” The 2022 prospect is a dual-threat quarterback standing in at 6’0”, 200 pounds. When Tee Martin was hired onto Jeremy Pruitt’s staff in December of 2018, the younger Martin transferred to Knoxville Catholic from his high school in California. “It’s been nice here in Knoxville. Everyone has welcomed me with open arms,” Martin said. “It’s really cool to see how my dad has affected people here.”
“I really haven’t felt the pressure of who my dad is to be honest. I’m primarily focused on being the best version of myself and winning games for my teammates,” Martin said. “My dad, essentially, is a tool. Having him to know what college coaches are looking for and what I can improve on mechanically has been really beneficial.” “Since I play baseball as well, I didn’t get as many reps as I needed, but I thought the season went well overall,” Martin said of his first season with Knoxville Catholic. “We didn’t make the state championship, and that’s the goal, so that was disappointing. “It went well but I know I have a lot I can improve on.”
“I’m always over there working out with dad – trying to clean some things up with my game,” Martin said. “I’m fortunate. It’s a cool atmosphere and neat to be around some of the best in the SEC. “Seeing that firsthand, I know what it takes to be the best. I enjoy seeing that and getting information from players on how to be the best I can be.” “Like I said, I’m excited to get an offer from Tennessee,” Martin said. “I like talking with coach Pruitt and getting pointers on how I can improve." “I’m focused on being the best player I can be until the time comes when I have to make a decision.”
-VQ

VN Store

Back