'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

He's not about to make an announcement for the school he's committing to with a new staff just getting to Bama. If he delayed his announcement, then that's cause for pause, but he's committing either the end of this week or sometime next week and is intending to come up for the Jr. Day this weekend. He's a Vol.

UT is on a run of stud QB prospects with Nico, Merklinger, and G-Mac that rivals the Shuler, Manning, and Martin run.

He's not about to make an announcement for the school he's committing to with a new staff just getting to Bama. If he delayed his announcement, then that's cause for pause, but he's committing either the end of this week or sometime next week and is intending to come up for the Jr. Day this weekend. He's a Vol.

UT is on a run of stud QB prospects with Nico, Merklinger, and G-Mac that rivals the Shuler, Manning, and Martin run.
...Martin, and Clausen run.

True, I do recall some Joey Matthews and AJ Suggs' games until Clausen got to start.
True, I recall some Jerry Colquitt and Todd Helton games until Manning got to start.

I thought you were talking about a run of LANDING highly rated QBs. That run back then, as you said...Shuler, Manning (& Stewart), Martin, Clausen, James Banks. That run was insane. All would have been considered 5*.

I'm not talking about what they went on to do...im talking purely on high school ranking...has anyone ever had a run like that? Bama has landed some big timers, USC during the Carroll run...?

True, I recall some Jerry Colquitt and Todd Helton games until Manning got to start.

I thought you were talking about a run of LANDING highly rated QBs. That run back then, as you said...Shuler, Manning (& Stewart), Martin, Clausen, James Banks. That run was insane. All would have been considered 5*.

I'm not talking about what they went on to do...im talking purely on high school ranking...has anyone ever had a run like that? Bama has landed some big timers, USC during the Carroll run...?
Sorry I wasn't clear on my original post.

John Rattay came in with Clausen and was a high 4/borderline 5 star as well, but got beaten out pretty quickly and transferred.

Schaeffer came in with Ainge and they were followed by Crompton. It was really after Crompton that the QB recruiting went down for a stretch.

Gotta say that Coach Fulmer always had a good QB or one waiting in the wings.

John Rattay came in with Clausen and was a high 4/borderline 5 star as well, but got beaten out pretty quickly and transferred.

Schaeffer came in with Ainge and they were followed by Crompton. It was really after Crompton that the QB recruiting went down for a stretch.

Was born in 94, but it seems like we have hardly ever had terrible QB play in our history. The Worley, Peterman era and the JG era are the only truly awful eras that I know of.

Even then, we had Tyler Bray and Josh Dobbs who were both 4* QBs. Theb Jarrett Guarantano and Harrison Bailey were both even higher ranked/recruited QBs who just didn't pan out. Even Hooker and Milton were 4*s by at least one service. Feels like we've always had at least one 4*/5* guy, usually a couple on our roster.

Was born in 94, but it seems like we have hardly ever had terrible QB play in our history. The Worley, Peterman era and the JG era are the only truly awful eras that I know of.
You missed some ugly football watching Nick Stephens in Fulmer's final season. I remember going to the Northern Illinois game that year where we scraped by with a 13-9 win. After not gouging my eyes out I decided to go see what I was hoping to be a blowout of Wyoming. Those were the only two games I was able to make that season. Rick Clausen was pretty rough to watch play as well but he did get the benefit of the doubt being Casey's younger bro.

You missed some ugly football watching Nick Stephens in Fulmer's final season. I remember going to the Northern Illinois game that year where we scraped by with a 13-9 win. After not gouging my eyes out I decided to go see what I was hoping to be a blowout of Wyoming. Those were the only two games I was able to make that season. Rick Clausen was pretty rough to watch play as well but he did get the benefit of the doubt being Casey's younger bro.
Oh I remember that! Forgot to mention that year. Was thinking about eras.

I remember how awful Crompton was when he came in for Ainge and how that cost us in 06.

But he was good in 09.

Glad Heup has gotten us back to our good QB days after the JG misery.

Now it's time to get back to our roots with the WR's. Last year was an anomaly, think they'll kick arse this year.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Rattay and Clausen were top 50 guys. off my head.

Schaeffer was higher rated than Ainge, who played three sports.

Crompton was rated bit too high. But he wanted to play in a pro style offense.

Had he played in air raid wouldve kilt it

Rattay and Clausen were top 50 guys. off my head.

Schaeffer was higher rated than Ainge, who played three sports.

Crompton was rated bit too high. But he wanted to play in a pro style offense.

Had he played in air raid wouldve kilt it
Had Crompton played in an Air Raid system he would have killed even more worms.

The 2005 offense and 2008 offense would make your eyes bleed

Even then, we had Tyler Bray and Josh Dobbs who were both 4* QBs. Theb Jarrett Guarantano and Harrison Bailey were both even higher ranked/recruited QBs who just didn't pan out. Even Hooker and Milton were 4*s by at least one service. Feels like we've always had at least one 4*/5* guy, usually a couple on our roster.
5 stars usually Get spread out among teams because they are typically legit. Four star qbs vray from national championship caliber to g5 quality. Butch Jones recruited paper 4 star recruits the whole time he was here. Their offer list just didn’t justify their ranking.

Time for this cat and Heard to both jump in the boat within the next week.

The juice from us landing both of these 5* badasses back to back will ignite a white phosphorus 🔥 🔥 🔥 Class of 25 that finishes top 5 easy.

The run we make to the playoffs in this 24 season will serve notice that its NICO TIME BEITCHES as we head for our next Championship in 2025.
GO VOLS. WGWTFA

VN Store

Back