'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

Hail to the Fornicators. Hail to the Masturbators. Hail Hail to Michigan the Assholes of the World. The ND version of Michigans Fight song

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Love the insight here.

Idk how long you've been around, but from what you've gathered or experienced, how would you rate (A-F) these coaches on playing this "sport inside of a sport"?

Fulmer- A
Dooley- C-
Butch- D
Pruitt- TBD but currently doing a very good job and progressing in the right direction. He definitely knows how and what to do based on the places he’s been prior to arriving in Knoxville. Plus you’re seeing evidence right now with this class.
QUOTE]

It’s called influence and wanting to make the ppl that took you in and took good care of you happy as well as yourself. Junior is a Haitian kid who was fortunate enough to be taken in and reside in the wonderful Williamson County

I'm sure his parents would be bappy if he went to TN in the end.
You said he's talking to Henry T, every other day?

I'm not sure that's a great thing. To'oto'o's people are all about family too. Loyalty above all. He probably supports him going to Michigan to honor his parents. At the same time he's probably telling him they'd be awesome together at UT.

This is one is going down till signing day probably.

Most people on here understand the recruiting part more than me, but my take is the player did something they loved for 17-18 years. Since they were blessed with a specific talent, they are being rewarded for their talents by getting a free education, so that is where I don't understand parents/coaches/handlers making the decision for the kid. Guide them, yes, but to push or not endorse a specific college because of pay is the selfish part, at least to me. What if a parent "insist" on a certain school and the kid didn't really want to go there but money was more, then he/she left for whatever reason. If someone other than the kid made the final decision, there is no lesson the kids can get from that because the decision was ultimately someone else's. As a parent, I already had my chance so now is the time for me to assist my kids but they have to ultimately make the final decision. My opinion may be in a minority too and I will have to learn to adapt. Hopefully in a couple years, I will get to help my daughter with her decision but I let her decide what is best in the end.

Good morning I understand what you’re train of thought is just understand that the sacrifice of a parent during the kids doing what they enjoy is just as much a weight on them too. The training, game night, practices, buying equipment, college visits, etc. Meanwhile kids grow up around parents who went to certain schools and learn to love them because of this. For instance my son loves UT and the Steelers because of me. I grew up around TN St and the Steelers but won a lil league game playing for the Flatrock Vols and went to Neyland and saw a game and never looked at another team until it became mainstream as I grew up. I knew where I was going based on that. It was parental influence. Nowadays that still happens despite different circumstances whether winning, benefits, or whatever it is.

I'm sure his parents would be bappy if he went to TN in the end.
You said he's talking to Henry T, every other day?

I'm not sure that's a great thing. To'oto'o's people are all about family too. Loyalty above all. He probably supports him going to Michigan to honor his parents. At the same time he's probably telling him they'd be awesome together at UT.

This is one is going down till signing day probably.

All true

He truly did. But that's why I am just asking about the recruiting game. He certainly gets an F in development, no question.

But this is getting so far off track here. I was really just curious de's thoughts so as to gauge Pruitt vs others, especially Fulmer.

@Weezer @Devo182 he failed miserably at the recruiting game too. The reason being we were competing with Cincy and the little brothers vs Bama and UGA or Flawda. Notice the difference between the recruits with Pruitt vs Butch. The new kids are Bama Clemson Fla Oregon etc. under Butch they’d tk a cb from Fla w/o a Mia, Fla, or FSU offer likewise in Ga

Good morning I understand what you’re train of thought is just understand that the sacrifice of a parent during the kids doing what they enjoy is just as much a weight on them too. The training, game night, practices, buying equipment, college visits, etc. Meanwhile kids grow up around parents who went to certain schools and learn to love them because of this. For instance my son loves UT and the Steelers because of me. I grew up around TN St and the Steelers but won a lil league game playing for the Flatrock Vols and went to Neyland and saw a game and never looked at another team until it became mainstream as I grew up. I knew where I was going based on that. It was parental influence. Nowadays that still happens despite different circumstances whether winning, benefits, or whatever it is.
Yes sir, I fully understand the sacrifice of parents as we travel with my daughter a lot in soccer. I also hope this entire experience, should she/we be blessed to have that opportunity, prepares her to make the decision on what will benefit her in her career. I know this is nothing compared to football, so maybe my thinking isn't rational. I do understand what you are saying though and I will definitely be more careful with my words before I speak. I don't want someone to think I am calling them selfish when I don't even know them. Hope you have a great weekend!

VN Store

Back