'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

Why is it selfish because it doesn’t or could benefit someone other than the team you love or like? A very rich man told me long ago son there is no free lunch in America, everything cost something. When you understand that then you get “it”. When coaches and boosters pay a family that is compensation for their labor for those previous 17/18 years. Some need it and other don’t but it is what it is. The nature of the beast is if you want the player do what it takes to get them. Cam Newton was a bidding war, and UT lost out Kiffin and others said it’s just not worth it. Auburn said we’ll win it all the kid is what we need and got a NC. Everything in this world has value and it’s all in who wants what. Recruiting is a sport inside of a sport and the ones who get that are the ones who are contenders and top 5 year in and year out regardless of the sport because they know you hv to put the whip cream and cherry on top to out do the competition
Love the insight here.

Idk how long you've been around, but from what you've gathered or experienced, how would you rate (A-F) these coaches on playing this "sport inside of a sport"?

Fulmer
Dooley
Butch
Pruitt

Why is it selfish because it doesn’t or could benefit someone other than the team you love or like? A very rich man told me long ago son there is no free lunch in America, everything cost something. When you understand that then you get “it”. When coaches and boosters pay a family that is compensation for their labor for those previous 17/18 years. Some need it and other don’t but it is what it is. The nature of the beast is if you want the player do what it takes to get them. Cam Newton was a bidding war, and UT lost out Kiffin and others said it’s just not worth it. Auburn said we’ll win it all the kid is what we need and got a NC. Everything in this world has value and it’s all in who wants what. Recruiting is a sport inside of a sport and the ones who get that are the ones who are contenders and top 5 year in and year out regardless of the sport because they know you hv to put the whip cream and cherry on top to out do the competition
So is there even the slightest chance he picks TN, or is he for sure going to play up north for a coach that most likely won't be there by the time he's draft eligible?

Love the insight here.

Idk how long you've been around, but from what you've gathered or experienced, how would you rate (A-F) these coaches on playing this "sport inside of a sport"?

Fulmer
Dooley
Butch
Pruitt
Why even involve Butch, you know where he ends up on the list.

Reactions: Coach Punk
The other half of recruiting is actually keeping the kids you signed...
2014 was the only terrible year of attrition. I think his huge classes didn't help though. LWS used to compile sec attrition numbers (maybe still does). 2014 was the only one out of line really. Iirc 8 left before they even hit the field.

2014 was the only terrible year of attrition. I think his huge classes didn't help though. LWS used to compile sec attrition numbers (maybe still does). 2014 was the only one out of line really. Iirc 8 left before they even hit the field.
Tee Higgins, Cade Mays, Amari Rodgers, Trevor Lawrence are a few that we lost due to Butch’s ********.

Actually it's developing the players you sign. Butch failed miserably at developing players. As far as Dooley, IIRC, he did a lot to damage relationships with HS coaches in TN.
I think Butch did his fair share of ruining relationships. He could sell well yes, but he lied a lot as well as not developing kids as well as ran off his best coaches.

He told Lawrence that he wouldn’t be a good fit for his system.

Enough said.

Reactions: Devo182
Tee Higgins, Cade Mays, Amari Rodgers, Trevor Lawrence are a few that we lost due to Butch’s ********.
Oh you're saying guys we theoretically could have had. Sure. But even without those he pulled a top 5 and top 10 class. But yeah, still hate he blew TL and Fields, especially.

Fwiw he didn't lose Mays. He had him and Mays decommitted after we fired Butch. Don't think he liked how we handled it and he really liked Butch. Apparently he was only in love with a Les Miles hire...lol

Reactions: The Dog
Actually it's developing the players you sign. Butch failed miserably at developing players. As far as Dooley, IIRC, he did a lot to damage relationships with HS coaches in TN.
He truly did. But that's why I am just asking about the recruiting game. He certainly gets an F in development, no question.

But this is getting so far off track here. I was really just curious de's thoughts so as to gauge Pruitt vs others, especially Fulmer.

He truly did. But that's why I am just asking about the recruiting game. He certainly gets an F in development, no question.

But this is getting so far off track here. I was really just curious de's thoughts so as to gauge Pruitt vs others, especially Fulmer.
That’s a good question, I always understood it as Heavy P was a CEO type and let his coaches coach. Pruitt is more hands on and actively involved.

I know Josh Gattis is now the OC there, but I would figure he still has contacts in the Nashville area. The Wolverines aren't doing too shabby this year, considering they have barely sniffed winning The Big Game since 2005 or so. I'm not admitting defeat, but some of these kids are making business decisions based on where they can go and make a big splash, vs. where they can get coached up for their career.

To be honest, if this kid lived in Kentucky nobody would even care.

VN Store

Back