'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

This really bothers me no matter what it is. We as parents, I have two teenagers, can guide our kids, but they need to make the decision on their own. Besides, it is their life and not ours to live. We have already lived our life and made mistakes, but that is how we learn and move on. Same needs to be for the kids. Just my opinion
Exactly my point who’s really getting upset? It’s been stated he likes UT and he probably likes UM as well but parents are pushing him that way because they want him to go there. Let him go where he wants to.. both are probably good places. Sounds to me like they are making up his mind for him.

Yep, well said. Unfortunately, some parents get in the way of living vicariously through their kids and push them to a certain school. Then, there is also the other side where they are pushing, because they stand to be better off financially by their kid choosing a certain school. It’s the nature of the game of recruiting.
The "financial" part is sickening and selfish. So we are telling our kids that since I couldn't make enough money as a parent, you need to do it for the family. I'm guessing that since I'm older, I don't quite understand some of the thinking. As bad as I would hate to say it, if a rival school offered one of my kids a scholarship and that is what he/she wanted, I would be fan for the years he/she attended. The school is paying her bill, I will be there cheering without any remorse.

Reactions: tennvols77
The "financial" part is sickening and selfish. So we are telling our kids that since I couldn't make enough money as a parent, you need to do it for the family. I'm guessing that since I'm older, I don't quite understand some of the thinking. As bad as I would hate to say it, if a rival school offered one of my kids a scholarship and that is what he/she wanted, I would be fan for the years he/she attended. The school is paying her bill, I will be there cheering without any remorse.
Not so much that the parents aren’t making enough, but that there are incentives to be more financially secure by choosing a certain school. It’s the dirty part of this game. We see it happen over and over. Sometimes it happens with close connections to the recruit, who are not his parents.

Not so much that the parents aren’t making enough, but that there are incentives to be more financially secure by choosing a certain school. It’s the dirty part of this game. We see it happen over and over. Sometimes it happens with close connections to the recruit, who are not his parents.
I'm guessing that is where the "handler" comes into play?

Yo what up fellow burro. Class of 2010 here
Cool, cool. Remember Eric Gordon that played at Hillsboro and went to Tennessee? I see him from time to time at work...really nice guy. Apparently he's gonna tryout for the Titans. Said he loved his time at Tennessee but "unfortunately they didn't have the best coaches". He seemed to really like the Pruitt hire.

I think he's probably heard about Michigan for years now from his parents so this is probably as much his decision as theirs. Win some lose some. Hope he enjoys his college experience and we will survive so everybody's happy. If we got everyone we wanted we would have 25 offers out there and we know that's not the case. Honestly I prefer Prince anyway, looks more explosive to me but what do I know.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
why not make his own choice? Its weird as hell these parents choose their kids school when they could go anywhere they want for free anyways.

It’s called influence and wanting to make the ppl that took you in and took good care of you happy as well as yourself. Junior is a Haitian kid who was fortunate enough to be taken in and reside in the wonderful Williamson County

It’s called influence and wanting to make the ppl that took you in and took good care of you happy as well as yourself. Junior is a Haitian kid who was fortunate enough to be taken in and reside in the wonderful Williamson County
I can understand that, but parents sometimes let their personal preferences become the choices that the child or young man must make to meet their own personal needs. I watched my grandson go thru the visit and recruitment process in wrestling. Gladly my daughter and son-in-law let him make his own decisions about what felt good for him. If it was his decision, they felt that he would put more effort into making it succeed. Although, if they felt that he was making the absolutely wrong decision, I am sure they would have stepped in with both feet. When they go away to college they will be making their own decisions. Need to let them make the decision where that will be.

I can understand that, but parents sometimes let their personal preferences become the choices that the child or young man must make to meet their own personal needs. I watched my grandson go thru the visit and recruitment process in wrestling. Gladly my daughter and son-in-law let him make his own decisions about what felt good for him. If it was his decision, they felt that he would put more effort into making it succeed. Although, if they felt that he was making the absolutely wrong decision, I am sure they would have stepped in with both feet. When they go away to college they will be making their own decisions. Need to let them make the decision where that will be.
How do you know he doesn't want to go to Michigan? I swear you guys are nuts sometimes.

I don’t get all the UM hate by some. I’ve always likened both programs as being very similar just in different conferences. A great football tradition, neither univ has an overwhelmingly pool of instate talent to choose from yearly, we both have passionate fan bases and a big ass stadium. If the kids heart leads him to UM then I’ll wish him the best of luck. Unless we meet on the gridiron.

Reactions: 67Vol
How do you know he doesn't want to go to Michigan? I swear you guys are nuts sometimes.
If he does then fine, my post was a reference to letting him make up his own mind. I do not believe that I said he should go to either school. I have just seen too many parents try and live their lives thru their children and for the most part it does not work out.

No Bell will be a DT/DE in a 5 tech in the 3/4 not a 4i DE/Olb

What do you call a 4i? Inside shade on the tackle right? I assumed bell if moving to de in a 3-4 would be playing somewhere from 3 to 5, to include 4i and 4. And out OLB would normally be playing somewhere from 7-9 (maybe a 5 in nickel)

VN Store

Back