‘23 TN OLB Caleb Herring (Tennessee Commit)

Someone asked about the linebacker targets in the podcast on Thursday. CJ Allen, Troy Bowles, Grayson Howard, Whit Weeks are near the top with several others also getting long looks. Howard is someone that Tennessee is positioned well with. As for LEOs, Caleb Herring is at the top of the board with Rico Walker also right up at the top.
-VQ

It’s good to be Herring something from this guy.
ayyyitsnotadam-patrick-boo.gif

The number one player in the state in our opinion, Herring has been favored for orange for quite a while. We expect him to take some more visits over the next month but that is purely window dressing in our opinion as the Riverdale standout continues to be the biggest key for this staff this spring.
-VQ

Caleb though wants to be very clear, he is his own man, this is his recruitment, and he wants to explore all options. Said Caleb, “If I’m being honest, if I were to choose UT it wouldn’t be be caused Elijah’s already there and doing amazing. Elijah doesn’t play a role in my recruitment other than giving me advice to focus on all my options and to choose what’s best for me.” Caleb visited Tennessee again this past weekend and it did feel a little different now that Elijah has signed, and he was the focus. “I have a close relationship with the Tennessee staff mainly because they keep in contact with me almost every day. The visit this weekend was probably the most fun UT visit I have had, mainly because I was the brother they were focusing on, and they showed me how much of a priority I am to them.”
Caleb was firm in his message that he is open to all options, and he is ready to take a couple visits to two schools that haven’t offered yet later this month. He will visit Notre Dame on March 19 and Ohio State on March 26. “At Notre Dame I’ve been in touch with Coach Chad Bowden. We have a pretty good relationship. They want to see me in person and then (I believe) they’ll offer. They’re just seeing if I’m really open to anybody.” Regarding Ohio State, “I’ve been communicating a lot with Coach Alford and Coach Guerrieri about coming up and I believe they’re going to do the same (as Notre Dame regarding an offer) when I come up. They are seeing if I’m really who I say I am being 6’6, 210 because when somebody says they’re usually this tall they sometimes lie about their height, and I’m not doing that of course."
“I feel the schools that are really talking and communicating with me are on the come up when it comes to talking National Championships. I’m choosing to commit in November so I can see what these schools do during the season and see if they’ll improve and build on what they had going last season.” It is clear that Tennessee has done a tremendous job positioning themselves at the top for Herring. However, he was very adamant throughout the conversation that he is open to anybody and I think the pending visits with Notre Dame and Ohio State will tell a lot. November is a long ways away in the recruiting game and Herring certainly wants to stand on his own two feet while enjoying his process separate from his older brother. If we had to choose today, the Vols would be the obvious pick, but we will see how everything shakes over these next couple months before we get serious about predicting his ultimate landing spot.
-Rivals

I hope he’s just trying to take trips and he’s going to UT. If he is going to UT I wish he would just shut it down. Why do recruits care so much about surprise and their “moment”. They should be more concerned with recruiting others
No biggie. We’ll play the game.. he could still jump in this spring like some predictions

Reactions: HeadVol77
I hope he’s just trying to take trips and he’s going to UT. If he is going to UT I wish he would just shut it down. Why do recruits care so much about surprise and their “moment”. They should be more concerned with recruiting others
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to see other schools and to make sure he picks the right school. You can’t begrudge him for that.

It almost sounds like the fact we have his brother is a detriment and not a boon since he feels so adamant about making sure people understand he isn't just going where his brother is...

Reactions: VolByLaw
It almost sounds like the fact we have his brother is a detriment and not a boon since he feels so adamant about making sure people understand he isn't just going where his brother is...
Eh, kids say that all the time so they can still get visits and they also like to get offers to stroke their ego

VN Store

Back