Luke Brown, 2023 Offensive tackle - Rivals.com

247 -
Luke Brown, Henry County, Offensive Tackle

Offers -
FSU
, GeorgiaTech, Indiana, Memphis, UNC, Georgia, UCF, VOLS, Vandy

Video -

Last edited:
“This was a big one, growing up in Big Orange Country, and has always been a goal of mine. I had a little idea it might be coming but continued to work until it did.”

Brown said Burns didn’t mention anything specific about his game and skill set that caught the attention of new Tennessee head coach Josh Heupel’s staff. But Brown said Burns made it clear that “they love my film.”

Born and raised in West Tennessee, Brown said he and his family have always liked the Vols. But with offers from at least a half-dozen major programs already under his belt, and more offers likely on the way, he said it’s too early for him to say that Tennessee will be tough to beat for him. He’s keeping an open mind about the recruiting process.

“I’m originally from Martin, Tennessee, and my family raised me in a Tennessee household,” he said. “My brother attends UT right now, just as a student. With the offer just coming, I’m looking forward to building a good relationship with this staff.

“As of now, I’m keeping my options open to any school. After relationships are built, I want to go where it’s best for me and my family.”

But Brown said he likes what he has seen and heard from Heupel’s staff, and he’s high on the Vols for multiple reasons.

“I like that Tennessee is building a new foundation with this staff,” Brown said. “Tennessee has a good tradition and a great opportunity coming this fall.”
-Callahan

Luke Brown is the real deal when it comes to offensive linemen. He plays for our high school football team. He is an absolute stud. With two years left of high school football I can only imagine he will get bigger, stronger and a lot better! Yall follow me on Instagram to keep up with any news on Luke Brown. IG @patriotnation20

Attachments

• 20210413_195341.jpg
    20210413_195341.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 14
2023 offensive lineman Luke Brown was headed to church when his high school coach instructed him to call Tennessee wide receivers coach Kodi Burns. Waiting on the other end of the phone call with Burns was an offer from the Vols.

“I was just in a complete state of shock,” Brown told Volquest. “It was a really good feeling, especially when he said he was offering me. Growing up around Tennessee people, a Tennessee household, it’s just different.”

Tennessee is one of several schools Brown is hearing from early on in his recruitment. In addition to the Vols, the rising-junior is hearing from Vanderbilt and Florida State frequently. Brown has also received offers from Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana and Memphis.

The Paris, Tennessee native is coming off a strong sophomore season that saw his Henry County Patriots finish 11-3 and miss out on playing for a state championship. Brown dealt with a minor knee injury throughout the season.

Now that Brown has received an offer from the team he grew up rooting for, he’s focused on building relationships with Tennessee's new coaching staff. For now, Burns is the one that Brown has communicated the most with.

“Every coach I’ve talked to has been a good guy,” Brown said. “I like all of them. I feel like all of them bring something to the table, especially Coach Burns. He’s a really good guy. Seems to care about people he recruits and wants to get to know them, which is a good thing.”

First-year Tennessee head coach Josh Heupel’s up-tempo offense isn’t a foreign concept to Brown. He played in a very similar scheme during his freshman season at Westview High School in Martin, Tennessee. Constantly going after somebody was “pretty fun” to Brown, who projects as a tackle with his frame.

“I could probably play anywhere,” Brown said. “I can snap, I’ve played guard before and right now I’m playing tackle. I like tackle but I don’t have a problem with moving into the interior because I feel like I can have an upper-hand on people with leverage because of my length.”

Brown hasn’t been able to take visits because of the ongoing recruiting dead period. When you add in the fact that his recruitment is in the infant stages, he’s just taking things slowly right now. Once he’s able to take visits, he’ll have a better idea of who he wants to build relationships with.
-VQ

It's nice when in state prospects seem to like Tennessee as a program.
it takes effort. you cant expect dude with little to no pop to his name to pick up with 0 relationships. Hueppel is picking up where Botch and Skoal bandits didnt even try.

Some these kids have been recruited for years by same dudes

Top target for us. Between us, Vandy, Bama, and FSU atm. FSU is going hard after him and Vandy is pushing for a big in-state 2023 class. We are in a great spot. I think we land him but he won't commit anytime soon
download.jpeg-1.jpg

— Class of 2022 offensive lineman Carter Miller of Ravenwood High School in Brentwood, Tenn., was one of the surprise standouts in a group of offensive linemen that also featured Luke Brown of Henry County High School in Paris, Tenn., and Brycen Sanders of Baylor School in Chattanooga, Tenn., two Class of 2023 prospects who already have received offers from Tennessee. It remains to be seen whether the 6-foot-1.5, 273-pound Miller — who likely projects as a center — will get serious consideration for an offer from the Vols, but he was impressive during one-on-one drills and earned several compliments from Tennessee's coaches.
-Callahan

Yep, a close group of NPA OL with a lot of great talent. Before you say we won't get them because they are NPA kids, most, if not all are UT leans

The Leverage Lineman group has some studs. They're all open to UT and some have said it would be exciting to play together. Many of them love and follow the lead of Jacob Hood who is by far the top prospect of the group. One kid to watch is the C for Maryville Cal Grubbs who will be blowing up and his offers will be increasing real soon. Kid is a Soph. and plays with an absolutely high motor.

The Leverage Lineman group has some studs. They're all open to UT and some have said it would be exciting to play together. Many of them love and follow the lead of Jacob Hood who is by far the top prospect of the group. One kid to watch is the C for Maryville Cal Grubbs who will be blowing up and his offers will be increasing real soon. Kid is a Soph. and plays with an absolutely high motor.
They are all going up to the Ole Miss game together too. Mo Clipper and Cam Miller will be there as well

Auburn did an excellent job impressing the 2023 four-star offensive lineman from Paris (Tenn.) Henry County as Brown loved the people there, the stadium, game-day environment and the campus. Brown definitely plans to return to Auburn at some point, with the Tigers, Florida State, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Clemson standing out the most.

- Rivals

VN Store

Back