'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

Cade didn't play very well in the Sugar Bowl vs Baylor. He was beaten a few times. I wonder if it was a case of his heart not being in it?

I have dogged him some in this thread... I feel bad about it now. I'm sure there will be some "crow serving" bumps made. It wouldn't surprise me if one of mine was among them. But anyway... Welcome home, Cade!

He’s going to TN. TN is the only school that fits the NCAA rule about being within 100 miles where he can at least apply to play immediately. (Think he would pick TN anyway but it also makes the most sense). Good pickup, OL with Cade as Guard and Wright and Morris at Tackle is a very solid OL. Think Cooper plays Center??

Yes I think Cooper plays center, it's his natural position and he's built like the prototypical center, low center of gravity, strong legs and upper body and has the fearless mean streak. It's actually the ideal situation for him with Kennedy coming back, he can get a little playing time in a back up roll and get some valuable playing time and learning and growing before taking the role full time in 2021. It is a perfect scenario IMO.

The only reason he went to UGA was Pittman. With him gone, Cooper at UT, and disfunction amongst the UGA offensive staff...pretty easy decision to leave. He was an early enrollee, so it will be interesting to see if he hangs around UGA for one more semester to graduate and be a graduate transfer. If he goes ahead and transfers, then you have to think there's something going on or something that has happened that makes him confident that he'll get a waiver.
Not the only reason. Butch at TN had a lot to do with it too.

Not the only reason. Butch at TN had a lot to do with it too.
In some ways. I know plenty of people think he dropped Tennessee because they fired Butch, but he was gone no matter what. He started opening up his recruitment behind the scenes when the season really started to head south. Pittman never quit recruiting him and that relationship alone is what won out. He didn't give Pruitt a chance because he was already heavily leaning to UGA and had got it in his mind that he wanted to play for a Championship contender...hence the Clemson interest.

VN Store

Back