'21 TN OL Dietrick Pennington (Clemson commit)

how many prospects do we chase we questionable academics??

We were actively recruiting the NC safety last year with questionable academics (the name escapes me) well past signing day, so it appears this staff isn't afraid to pursue some academic risks.

Likely depends on how much we like them as a prospect and whether they're at a position of need and the nature of their academic situation. If they need a few tenths of a point in their core GPA or a point or two on the ACT, then we are probably actively recruiting them. If it's a Billy-can't-read situation, then we may offer to get our foot in the door when they are re-recruited after JUCO. But with the changes to the 25 scholly limit, you just can't take the chance on signing a guy that won't likely qualify academically.

I've never understood comments such as these. Perhaps he just likes Clemson more. There isn't anything wrong with that.

Agree. We all know Clemson has a cake-walk conference schedule, but they've also been one of the hottest programs in CFB over the last few years. If he legitimately likes Clemson more than UT, I can't blame him for committing, given the recent history of the two programs. It sucks, but thems the breaks.

But if Pruitt continues to move this program forward, I think we're going to see more TN kids commit to the good guys earlier in the process. With the loaded in-state 2022 class, locking-up Ty Simpson early will help our in-state 'crootin.

Agree. We all know Clemson has a cake-walk conference schedule, but they've also been one of the hottest programs in CFB over the last few years. If he legitimately likes Clemson more than UT, I can't blame him for committing, given the recent history of the two programs. It sucks, but thems the breaks.

But if Pruitt continues to move this program forward, I think we're going to see more TN kids commit to the good guys earlier in the process. With the loaded in-state 2022 class, locking-up Ty Simpson early will help our in-state 'crootin.
do we take 2 qb’s next class ? Seems like we have a lot of qb opinions next class

We were actively recruiting the NC safety last year with questionable academics (the name escapes me) well past signing day, so it appears this staff isn't afraid to pursue some academic risks.

Likely depends on how much we like them as a prospect and whether they're at a position of need and the nature of their academic situation. If they need a few tenths of a point in their core GPA or a point or two on the ACT, then we are probably actively recruiting them. If it's a Billy-can't-read situation, then we may offer to get our foot in the door when they are re-recruited after JUCO. But with the changes to the 25 scholly limit, you just can't take the chance on signing a guy that won't likely qualify academically.
Yeah Anthony Harris. I actually had forgotten about him. Do you think the staff takes another look at him after JUCO or wherever he is?

Yeah Anthony Harris. I actually had forgotten about him. Do you think the staff takes another look at him after JUCO or wherever he is?
He has been through 1 year. Decent stats. He'd be a 2021 guy I believe, so he may need to impress real soon unless staff is holding a flex spot for later...the silence so far feels telling, but maybe that changes.

@griddie ?

Reactions: MemphisVol3
do we take 2 qb’s next class ? Seems like we have a lot of qb opinions next class
Salter’s the only one in this class and if we land Ty Simpson, he should be the only one in 22.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crookruss
Sad that you bumped this, funny though. Pretty sure I just type down who I hope we get...been said before, and guess I have to say it again. Projections, just like how I enjoy making starter projections

sorry. i was looking into DP and came across this gem.

you're still right until you're wrong and February is next year.

VN Store

Back