'19 TN OL Dayne Davis (PWO Commit)

I'm not trying to fight a kid over my opinion of his football abilities, you all just sound dumb honestly, all I said was I didn't think he would ever contribute at UT and suddenly everyone is pissed and talking about him whipping my A** in a fight 😂 people talk bad about prospects on this forum all the time, at least I have seen him play to back my opinion up. Maybe the staff sees something I don't and I wouldn't care to eat crow if he walked on and played great but I can still state my opinion.
We sound dumb? Seriously? You're critiquing a walk on player. A player who could be accepting schlorship money to play at a smaller school but has instead decided to give his all to Tennessee. Obviously everyone knows he's not the most talented kid in the country but yes the staff thinks he could possibly benefit the team in some way even if it's on the scout team. I'll trust the staff over your shoot from the hip opinion.

In the Octagon? 😂 you do realize there's a big difference between throwing a block and throwing hands which he ain't doing either too fast IMO. Anyways I'm not trying to bash the kid, just giving the opinion that I don't think he can contribute on an SEC team, hence why he's committed to Tusculum University, you ever been there? It's a little D2 school in a suburb of Greeneville dude. In fact have you even seen this kid play in person? I'm guessing not......
g-LRR1Ql_400x400.jpg

The 105?

What limit is that? Are you allowed 20 PWO spots?

Yes, it's either 105/110 that can be on the official roster and go through practice, 85 being on scholarship. There are some players who bounce between dressing and 'being on the team' for others spots.

Someone closer to the situation would know more. I know that was the number when I was on campus during the Butch era, as I knew a few walkons that sometimes dressed for practice, and others did not.

In the Octagon? 😂 you do realize there's a big difference between throwing a block and throwing hands which he ain't doing either too fast IMO. Anyways I'm not trying to bash the kid, just giving the opinion that I don't think he can contribute on an SEC team, hence why he's committed to Tusculum University, you ever been there? It's a little D2 school in a suburb of Greeneville dude. In fact have you even seen this kid play in person? I'm guessing not......
Yes I have been there and it’s actually a nice little school. Rather D1 or NAIA it still takes dedication and talent to play at the next.

Reactions: TNRIFLEMAN
There's always talk of payouts when discussing the big time recruits. I wonder if these PWO's somehow wind up with a large "discount" on their tuition.

There's always talk of payouts when discussing the big time recruits. I wonder if these PWO's somehow wind up with a large "discount" on their tuition.
They will qualify for some "academic" scholarships in addition to the state lottery fund. I was offered a similar package over a decade ago and I doubt the system has changed much.

Scouting report says he runs like Gault, hits like Butkus, and already better than Larry Allen. BUT, he's never set foot in a Holiday Inn Express. So all Pruitt offered was a PWO.

VN Store

Back