'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Did he allow an in home with CPF and CUP? Did he go hunting instead of allowing TN an opportunity? He releases a top 3 with no mention of TN. Thanks, but you keep making excuses for the dog and I'll believe what I choose to.

I would recruit cooper just like any other recruit if we want..... Tennessee being a mess had more to do with the care Mays situation than anything Cade did.

Did he allow an in home with CPF and CUP? Did he go hunting instead of allowing TN an opportunity? He releases a top 3 with no mention of TN. Thanks, but you keep making excuses for the dog and I'll believe what I choose to.

How does that make him disrespectful. He completely lost it for UT. Far from being disrespectful. It’s been documented how close he was to Butch and family. Whether you agree or not, that influenced him and his decision. Once again Volnation at its best. Let’s make up crap and sling it against the wall.

I didn't think you were, just wanted to point out I don't think you should trash the kid either. I just wouldn't have much of a trust factor with that family presently.

Completely idiotic. You wouldn’t trust a family because an 17 or 18 year old make a decision that hurt your feelings. Grow up man.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't recruit him unless he comes to Pruitt and says he's interested. I wouldn't even offer him unless he made the first move. IMO.

If Cooper ends up being a top recruit in his class, and Pruitt is serious about locking down the state, then there is no way Pruitt will not aggressively pursue him. High quality OL are critical to success in this league. It would be beyond dumb to not pursue a top OL in your backyard, a legacy to boot, just because his older brother chose to go elsewhere.

If Cooper ends up being a top recruit in his class, and Pruitt is serious about locking down the state, then there is no way Pruitt will not aggressively pursue him. High quality OL are critical to success in this league. It would be beyond dumb to not pursue a top OL in your backyard, a legacy to boot, just because his older brother chose to go elsewhere.

Yep. This exactly. ^

I believe Pruitt is pretty savvy about recruiting. If he thinks Cooper is a trojan horse he will not recruit him that hard.

Judge the kid off his actions not his brother's. I don't care about Cade's choice; I care more about his behavior which was classless. The kid has a lot of growing up to do.

Reactions: 1 person
How does that make him disrespectful. He completely lost it for UT. Far from being disrespectful. It’s been documented how close he was to Butch and family. Whether you agree or not, that influenced him and his decision. Once again Volnation at its best. Let’s make up crap and sling it against the wall.

Have some freaking pride dude. You don't think it was disrespectful, I do. He made his choice now he has to live with it. You don't think it was contradictory when he says he wants to play for a winner but he's butt hurt by the way Butch was treated? I wouldn't let them near the program. The football program is a lot bigger than the Mays family especially cade Mays and Cooper Mays.

Completely idiotic. You wouldn’t trust a family because an 17 or 18 year old make a decision that hurt your feelings. Grow up man.

Lol. You're the one that needs to grow up. I don't give to shirts about cade Mays or his family.

It's a risk. It's obvious there is a disconnect between the Mays family and UT. There are plenty of other linemen just as good as Cooper Mays. He would have to pursue me. I wouldn't trust them around other recruits. Doesn't take much to poison the well. Jmo

It's a risk. It's obvious there is a disconnect between the Mays family and UT. There are plenty of other linemen just as good as Cooper Mays. He would have to pursue me. I wouldn't trust them around other recruits. Doesn't take much to poison the well. Jmo

I disagree. This is still a Vol family IMO. Just BC Cade choose Georgia doesn't mean this family hasn't been Vol fans for several years. If this kid helps and wants to play here you get him. Being all thin skinned and jaded was traits of our former coach hopefully not our current coach.

Lol. I didn't realize I was hated by so many. Ignoring is for the weak minded. Can't stand differing opinions.

Disagree, I ignore folks because their trolls or obvious poo stirrers and I don’t want to waste time wading through their crap.

I’m not ignoring you though lol

I disagree. This is still a Vol family IMO. Just BC Cade choose Georgia doesn't mean this family hasn't been Vol fans for several years. If this kid helps and wants to play here you get him. Being all thin skinned and jaded was traits of our former coach hopefully not our current coach.

You could be right. I just know that if he were my son, I wouldn't have let him disrespect my alma mater. I wouldn't have dictated where he went to school but he would have given my former coach a shot to see a plan, in the privacy of my home, the same as he did with other rival coaches. Like i said, Cooper Mays would have to knock on my door, not the other way around. I don't think Cooper Mays will become a VOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Disagree, I ignore folks because their trolls or obvious poo stirrers and I don’t want to waste time wading through their crap.

I’m not ignoring you though lol

I'm not a troll just someone that thinks the program is much larger than one recruit, legacy or not. I don't ave anyone on ignore, I can easily scroll right on past posters that are obvious trolls. Didn't mean to imply you are weak minded, just the ones that ignore because they don't like another's opinion.

I'm not a troll just someone that thinks the program is much larger than one recruit, legacy or not. I don't ave anyone on ignore, I can easily scroll right on past posters that are obvious trolls. Didn't mean to imply you are weak minded, just the ones that ignore because they don't like another's opinion.

Lol, no worries. I just wanted to make clear I ignore strictly for the purposes of efficiency.

I don't get any impression at all that CJP is thin skinned, aight!?

VN Store

Back