TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

“i’m starting to narrow it down now,” morris said. “i’m committing sometime next summer.”

morris currently claims uga as his slight leader, but the memphis native effusively praised tennessee and his comfort level on rocky top. He loves jeremy pruitt and he’s very close — “like my big brother” — with vols offensive tackle and fellow 901 native drew richmond. The two talk on the phone regularly, with that connecting helping sell that “family feel” at tennessee. “it makes me almost feel like i am at home,” morris said.

Two weeks ago, morris had the opportunity to workout with new ut offensive line coach will friend. He learned a few things, both about friend’s coaching style and the techniques he teaches. “he’s intense. It was kind of different,” morris said. “i was working on my arms, timing of the punch.”

during the camp session, pruitt came over to morris and asked him point blank: “when are we going to make you a vol?” “i was like, ‘soon,’” morris replied. “he was like, ‘good. That’s great to hear.’”

“it’s all about fit and family at tennessee,” morris said. “just like memphis and georgia. Those are the biggest things for me, fit, family and working hard.”

morris plans on being a regular visitor at tennessee this fall, as the blue-chip lineman said, “i hope to go to almost all of the home games. Most of them at least. I’m going to visit a lot of tennessee games this year.”

- vq

Keeping that Memphis pipeline going with Richmond, Carvin and McBride. Would be great to get Tucker and Morris in ‘20. Dare i say, keep building that wall lol

Keeping that Memphis pipeline going with Richmond, Carvin and McBride. Would be great to get Tucker and Morris in ‘20. Dare i say, keep building that wall lol

The wall just got 10 feet higher! We need to keep these 2020 in-state bluechip recruits who fit Pruitt's needs. Huge difference with the 2020 kids from the 2019 in-state class.

It looks like the state has some excellent 2020 recruits. I can't help but wonder, however. Are these kids legit, or will they drop like so many of the 2019 kids did once their senior seasons got rolling?

AA Bowl Combine: Top Performers
It seems that we have been covering Morris forever, but he only just finished his junior season of high school football. Morris was able to move from tackle to guard effortlessly, but no matter where he lined up defensive linemen could not get around him. The Rivals100 prospect out of Memphis is well ahead of his years from both a technique and strength standpoint.
-Rivals

Oh, I agree. We have had very little luck in Memphis to begin with. Add in the distance and the fact we have generally sucked through these kids entire conscious lifetime, and it will be a hard pull. I trust Pruitt until he gives me reason not to, though.
Pruitt and staff know Memphis well. I have zero worries about West Tennessee. Middle Tennessee is where they were deficient. This staff has made some great connections over the last 12 months in middle TN.

Reactions: GoVolsDR

VN Store

Back