'19 TN LB Kane Patterson (Clemson commit)

“just really getting to meet coach pruitt and see who he is as a person and see what he’s about, and just really see and listen to what he plans to do with the program, that’s pretty cool.”

the 6-foot-1, 227-pound patterson said he had “stayed in touch with them pretty good” since getting his offer from tennessee on feb. 27. But he said he expects there to be “a lot more talking now” between himself and the vols’ new staff based on his conversations with them during saturday’s visit.

“coach pruitt, i sat in his office (saturday). He was like, ‘man, i just want to tell you, i really want you here,’” said patterson, who holds offers from more than 25 schools. “that’s what he was saying, is, ‘i really want you to be here.’

“he was like, ‘i really think this place will be awesome.’ he said, ‘next year is going to be our toughest year, and after that, this program is going to just start to go on an uphill incline.’ he said, ‘i’ve been with (georgia) coach (kirby) smart and (alabama) coach (nick) saban, and all i know how to do is just win.’ he was like, ‘that’s all i’ve ever been around.’ “you can just tell that the program’s changing in a very good way, a positive way.”

“kind of what i’ve heard is everything was just kind of out of order and out of whack, kind of, in the past,” patterson said. “and you could tell this time everything was just in perfect order. I know it’s still kind of new on everyone, but everyone’s super engaged, and you can just tell the discipline that the coaches are applying on the players.

“they were telling me they don’t wear hats or earrings into the building. It's all business when they get in the building, so it’s kind of cool to see just how they’re doing things and how everything’s strict in a good way.”

“i’m just not sure, because i feel like kind of a lot of new things have happened lately for me, which is a huge blessing,” patterson said. “with tennessee, wisconsin, oklahoma, nebraska and alabama also offering pretty recently, i don’t want to just pass those new people over just because they’re a little bit later in the process. I really want to just go and visit them again and really get to know people better.”

Reactions: 1 person
We’ll probably never know, but I’m interested to know exactly where this guy is in our board. Seems like if the staff truly wanted him and went all in they’d be able to land him.

We’ll probably never know, but I’m interested to know exactly where this guy is in our board. Seems like if the staff truly wanted him and went all in they’d be able to land him.

He's got a GREAT offer list and has visited around 10 schools already on unofficials...

So he has options...and he's not stupid. Likes duke, Stanford and northwestern b/c of the academics. And can go to any football program he wants.

I think we definitely want him. But we're gonna have to wait in him to make up his mind.

All that said, it does sound like we'll be on any list he decides to put out.

Sir Swan...

Do you have the skinny on this guy? I would like to know, too. Can't have enough linebackers. :thumbsup:

He's got a GREAT offer list and has visited around 10 schools already on unofficials...

So he has options...and he's not stupid. Likes duke, Stanford and northwestern b/c of the academics. And can go to any football program he wants.

I think we definitely want him. But we're gonna have to wait in him to make up his mind.

Everytime i see your name it is in a glance and i say to myself, "there's jakez nut again." Lol

Reactions: 1 person

I’m not trying to hate on this kid or anything, but we’ve seen our new staff have plenty of kids with big offer lists not be big priorities.

Sometimes these days it’s hard to know which offers are really commitable or not.

I’m not trying to hate on this kid or anything, but we’ve seen our new staff have plenty of kids with big offer lists not be big priorities.

Sometimes these days it’s hard to know which offers are really commitable or not.

This early on, I'd say just a few. I think Kane is one of them tho.

Sounds like he wants to be a vol?!?!

Got to be honest: I didn't really get that impression. Not to say he doesn't want to play here. I'm sure we'll make his top 10 in a few weeks. Just that a lot of his quotes sound like the cookie cutter standard quotes we hear from a lot recruits after a visit.

Like the article suggests, he's a long way off from narrowing down his schools, let alone making a decision.

VN Store

Back