'19 TN LB Kane Patterson (Clemson commit)

I believe Kane is able

Philosophical paradox? :lolabove: Or more like a Finkle is Einhorn kinda thing?

tenor.gif

kane patterson visited tennessee more than a year ago to attend one of the vols’ home games, but he hadn’t heard much from them until new coach jeremy pruitt’s staff reached out to him tuesday. His home-state school finally joined the growing list of programs pursuing him. The four-star junior linebacker from christ presbyterian academy in nashville, tenn., said the scholarship offer he received from tennessee on tuesday afternoon was “kind of out of the blue” but “very exciting,” and he’s now planning to visit the vols again soon.

“i’m just starting to get to know them and their staff, and it seems like a great coaching staff. It’s really exciting for me, especially being the home school.” the 6-foot-1, 220-pound patterson said new tennessee cornerbacks coach terry fair first contacted him on tuesday, and he also ended up talking with defensive coordinator kevin sherrer and pruitt before fair “called me back and said i had an offer to tennessee.” “they said they’re really excited and just wanted to have me up to campus and come watch a spring practice, and just spend some time with them and talk ball,” patterson said. “we’re just discussing dates (for a visit) right now. I’m discussing it with my family, too, and just seeing when we can make it up to knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
Seems positive, but still unsure we can swing this kid if his parents are Bama fans. I have no idea though. Someone with more insight want to fill me in?

You can't swing a dead cat in middle Tennessee without hitting a Bama fan. Some of 'em have been riding the bandwagon since the 70's, some are relative newcomers. Can't let that stop us from offering. I've never met a Bama graduate in middle Tennessee area. None. I'm sure they exist. I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
you can't swing a dead cat in middle tennessee without hitting a bama fan. Some of 'em have been riding the bandwagon since the 70's, some are relative newcomers. Can't let that stop us from offering. I've never met a bama graduate in middle tennessee area. None. I'm sure they exist. I guess.

most with a giant A in the rear mirror only went to vocational schools

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
You can't swing a dead cat in middle Tennessee without hitting a Bama fan. Some of 'em have been riding the bandwagon since the 70's, some are relative newcomers. Can't let that stop us from offering. I've never met a Bama graduate in middle Tennessee area. None. I'm sure they exist. I guess.

His dad played for Bama

"i really like coach sherrer," patterson said. "it was the first time to get to meet him and just talk about stuff and then see him coach during practice. Getting to meet coach pruitt in person was awesome and for him to tell me where i stand with him and his plan for tennessee was fun. Just getting to know those guys was great."

the staff has taken a nice liking to patterson has his 6-foot-2 and 227 pound frame coupled with great explosiveness and speed allow him to play all positions in the 3-4.

"they like me on the inside," patterson said. "coach pruitt thinks i'm a smart player. He told me they were surprised by my size. I'm 6-foot-1 and 227 pounds and they thought i was about 205. He thinks i can add 13 pounds easy and play at 240. They like my ability and my work ethic. I think they can tell football means a lot to me."

Patterson has a nice bond with Vol commit Jackson lampley and the two travelled together for tennessee's third junior day since the end of february. "it was super cool," patterson said. "we played on the same youth football team together. We have been friends all these years. With him knowing all there is to know about tennessee helps me. It's nice to hear that he sees the difference in the new staff and the old staff."

he is planning on other trips this spring as he tries to find the best fit for him. He hopes to take his time, but also be efficient in the process. "i'm taking nine or ten un-official visits this spring and summer," patterson said. "i'd like to take my five officials, but the plan is to take a bunch of un-official visits and just see where things fit best."

- vq

Reactions: 3 people
He keeps getting taller. Something about the cut of this kid’s jib I like very much. And I don’t think Bama will push the legacy thing.

VN Store

Back