'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

Harrison is 5'11 250 of solid muscle.
This kid is...well a kid. So his body hadn't matured completely. Naturally big kid that can play anywhere in the front 7.

Yeah he's probably 270 but it fits on him differently then it would say a Henry To'oto'o...
270 would make Henry T look quite different. But Eason doesn't look too different a 245 than 270.
Body composition...
Yeah thats what I was getting at. At 6'2 270 he is a similar body and build of a James Harrison coming off the edge, albeit a little taller. Most of those guys are 6'4 and up.

Just wondering if anybody else could see him in that mold, or if he is in the middle all the way.

Why do you assume he'll gain weight?

AJ Johnson came here at almost 250 lbs..

Left at 240...
He looks to me like he doesnt have bad weight. He has broad shoulders. I could see him gaining weight. Maybe not. I dont know what the staff wants to do with him.

If he does not lose speed or mobility, why not?
Because outside pressure is at a premium.

Because a byproduct of gaining weight, even muscle, is lost flexibility and speed.

Because there isnt 1 single MLB I can think of at any level, anywhere, who plays mike at that weight.

Because a byproduct of gaining weight, even muscle, is lost flexibility and speed.

Because there isnt 1 single MLB I can think of at any level, anywhere, who plays mike at that weight.
What does outside pressure have to do with an ILB?

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF MY QUESTION!!!!!!!

I ASKING IF ANYONE CAN SEE HIM PLAYING AT A DIFFERENT DAMN POSITION. IT ISMT THAT HARD TO COMPREHEND.

Pretty sure that’s why you are being made fun of. Staff didn’t recruit him to play any other position. Lol 😂

Yeah thats what I was getting at. At 6'2 270 he is a similar body and build of a James Harrison coming off the edge, albeit a little taller. Most of those guys are 6'4 and up.

Just wondering if anybody else could see him in that mold, or if he is in the middle all the way.

Both...

He'll start middle and could rush outside on 3rd.

He has so many natural tools to work with.
He can blitz on 3rd and short.
He can scrap sideline to sideline and play in the nickel defense.

He could also be 3-4 DE like Blakely.
That 270 he is at now isn't a good 270.
Needs to speed his metabolism. But his frame can get back to 270 of all muscle...bench pressing 100 more pounds than whatever his max is now AND having more stamina.

People get caught up in height -weight and don't consider body type enough.

Pretty sure that’s why you are being made fun of. Staff didn’t recruit him to play any other position. Lol 😂
It proves he could potentially bring pressure from the outside.

Pressure is at a premium.

This staff likes to move players around.

@bluetick2
Crouch 6'2 245 -played RB in high school.
Played both SLB and ILB as a freshman
Daniel Bituli 6'3 250- played DE his freshman season then moved OLB, then MLB..then played outside on key 3rd downs to rush.

Eason is like them, in that he's versatile.
Primarily he will play ILB. But like Brandon Spikes did for Florida and Bituli for us... occasionally he will rush from the outside.
But his Primary position will be ILB.

That’s not a different position. That is literally what Pruitt teaches all his LBs to do. How about you follow our coaching staff’s philosophies more.....
Our coaching staffs philosophy??? Lol....they move players to different positions constantly.

Our coaching staffs philosophy??? Lol....they move players to different positions constantly.

Good lord man.... all the LBs literally learn either from the outside in Or to the inside out and then they get work with the DEs in case staff wants them to be a rush end during a play.....

Byproduct mentioned above is a possibility but not known for certain. That is why he could play Mike if he kept his speed and mobility, no one cares about the weight if he is effective at that weight. In early 1980’s teams were likely not to consider a 300 pound lineman as an asset who could play competitively. Look at today.

Reactions: LittleVol
Good lord man.... all the LBs literally learn either from the outside in Or to the inside out and then they get work with the DEs in case staff wants them to be a rush end during a play.....
All of them, huh?

I saw Henry T playing outside alot this year didnt you???

Levon Kirkland did back in 1990s
Clowney plays LB and has played some MLB after being a DE at South Carolina
Donta Hightower...was 260 ish all through college

His ability to take on OLineman in space, physicality,
Short area speed and his instincts is why you play him at ILB whether at 245 or 270.
He can do it.

All of them, huh?

I saw Henry T playing outside alot this year didnt you???

Lol just because he didn’t play it doesn’t mean he didn’t learn it. He could have played any LB / DE position if he needed to, he was literally a defensive play caller while Bituli was out.

Reactions: quadlee21
Lol just because he didn’t play it doesn’t mean he didn’t learn it. He could have played any LB / DE position if he needed to, he was literally a defensive play caller while Bituli was out.
You just said all the linebackers play all of the positions. My whole point of this conversation was to get others opinions on whether he could play outside.

You act like it is so preposterous that he could play outside. And then you are now telling me that all the linebackers can play all the positions. Gotcha.

You just said all the linebackers play all of the positions. My whole point of this conversation was to get others opinions on whether he could play outside.

You act like it is so preposterous that he could play outside. And then you are now telling me that all the linebackers can play all the positions. Gotcha.

Correction. I said LBs learn all position. I then said they learn how to be a rush end as well so they don’t have to come off the field. Lol don’t put words in my mouth.

Levon Kirkland did back in 1990s
Clowney plays LB and has played some MLB after being a DE at South Carolina
Donta Hightower...was 260 ish all through college

His ability to take on OLineman in space, physicality,
Short area speed and his instincts is why you play him at ILB whether at 245 or 270.
He can do it.
I have no doubt he can at current weight.

My question was where would he play IF, IF, again IF he gains weight.

Correction. I said LBs learn all position. I then said they learn how to be a rush end as well so they don’t have to come off the field. Lol don’t put words in my mouth.
Ok, buddy. Its entirely impossible that a player could be switched position. Especially on Pruitts team.

VN Store

Back