'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

rafi-chlamydia.gif

Bonus likes to whoever can guess where this gif is from. I know, do you?

Bryson Eason is up to 250 pounds but is totally healthy after playing much of his junior year with an ankle issue. Martavius French is now 6-3, 240 pounds. They pair are adamant they’re a packing deal (have played together since 6th grade, which rules out Tennessee, which wasn’t pushing much now anyways. They have maintained steady contact with David Johnson and Eason, the one UT has a bit more eyes on, did mention the idea of coming to camp with the Vols. Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Arkansas the likeliest destinations as of now.

-VQ

So does the staff think French doesn't have the skill set they need or are there other things at play? This would be a major disappointment to continue not getting the top instate players for the 2nd year in a row.

So does the staff think French doesn't have the skill set they need or are there other things at play? This would be a major disappointment to continue not getting the top instate players for the 2nd year in a row.
Even if we get the top player from Michigan, etc.?

Reactions: jakez4ut
did you look at the guys we signed last year???

Warren Burrell is a more talented CB than any guy instate in 2019. And he was from GA.
We signed perhaps the best defensive player in Georgia and California in 2019.
We're trying to WIN now. We can't do that loading up on just "decent" talent. Needs to be elite!

Where would French play? What position? MLB? NOPE! DE?? Nope!...3-4 DE??? Nope... Good luck to the kid, but he doesn't fit with what Pruitt is trying to do. In-state or not!

Questions about speed and lateral quickness with both. Excellent high school players and good kids. I told AP yesterday I could see racking up a ton of tackles in the SEC in a couple years at Ole Miss or Arkansas. Tennessee wants to evaluate them more this summer at camp. We'll see if that happens or if they like their other options better.
—Simonton on French and Eason

Don't get the package deal stuff. Takes options of the table for at least one of em

To understand that scenario you just gotta know Memphis man. It does seem like a bad move but for these guys it’s a no brainer. When you grow up where they have you stick together when you have a real friend. And if you play ball together then that bond is just that much stronger! Both kids can flat out play too

To understand that scenario you just gotta know Memphis man. It does seem like a bad move but for these guys it’s a no brainer. When you grow up where they have you stick together when you have a real friend. And if you play ball together then that bond is just that much stronger! Both kids can flat out play too
I’m just going to say that if you make yourself a package deal you better have at least one elite player as part of that package. I’m not sure either are elite.

Tennessee hasn’t been chasing Eason aggressively lately but the in-state linebacker does still hear from area recruiter David Johnson regularly. He plans to visit and possibly camp this summer, wanting to take the opportunity to get to know new coordinator Derrick Ansley better.

“That’s a priority. I have to do that. I have to see how they could see me playing for them. Who else is on the roster? Who’d I’d be playing behind to see if I can work myself and show them that I’m better than them to start playing early,” he said.

“But coach Johnson keeps in good touch with us. He doesn’t just talk to me. He talks a lot with my dad as well. He’s doing a good job recruiting us Memphis guys.”

Despite playing through a nagging ankle injury, Eason has been a productive playmaker for Whitehaven and is outspoken about wanting to continuing playing alongside his in-side linebacker teammate and best friend Martavius French. The two have played together since 6th grade and plan to announce a decision (and possibly enroll early) as part of a hopeful postgame celebration this December.

“I know for a fact, I’m going to narrow it down this summer but I want to make my decision after we win that gold ball,” Eason said, smiling.

“That is the plan. That is going to happen. It’s going to happen after the game.”
VQ

Reactions: sneakergawd

VN Store

Back