'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

I don’t believe Banks played much LB in high school. Don’t recall but he stood out as a RB. These guys play defense, and I know their DC. Doesn’t automatically mean anything, but I would venture to guess they are further along on defense than someone like Banks.
What are his thoughts on the three guys

I'm with you on that thought... but unfortunately when you're 2-4 to start the season you can't always get commitments from players like To'oto'o... I get a real jeremy banks feel from those guys. probably super athletic but very raw and will need alot of time to develop. but i've been wrong before.

I don't see that at all. These guys sound quite a bit more intelligent and actually study film. I think at least 2 of these guys will end up playing significant roles if they come.

I don't see that at all. These guys sound quite a bit more intelligent and actually study film. I think at least 2 of these guys will end up playing significant roles if they come.
I think French and Eason will play next year. I can see McDonald redshirting.
Worst case scenario is Pruitt recruits over them the following year. I don't see a problem with taking them.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
What are his thoughts on the three guys

To be honest, I don’t get too specific. Last time we saw each other, he just mentioned that we were coming after Eason and didn’t mention French. He is just always telling me about his young talent because they just reload.

He told me when we were recruiting Drew Richmond that they played a preseason scrimmage against him. He said he was good but thought he would make a better guard in college. That always stuck with me because he may have been correct.

Edit: if they sign with UT, I will ask him how quickly he thinks they will play.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I live just outside Memphis. I would be fine with not signing any Memphis players. We don't generally have a good history with Memphis players (I don't need all y'all coming in and telling me "what about Eric Gray, etc, etc,) .

Of course there are exceptions, but generally speaking we are better off without the Memphis players. IMO.

I live just outside Memphis. I would be fine with not signing any Memphis players. We don't generally have a good history with Memphis players (I don't need all y'all coming in and telling me "what about Eric Gray, etc, etc,) .

Of course there are exceptions, but generally speaking we are better off without the Memphis players. IMO.
Not saying we should or should not and certainly Memphis has a history of players who are pampered. However we had great luck with Cedrick Wilson and Andra Lott and a few others which I hope ends up with Gray being one as well. I as well live in the area and Whitehaven has had a several guys to be successful at other SEC schools. If Pruitt likes them I will too.

Reactions: JacketVol

I can't really say you're wrong, but this seems like an odd sort of blanket statement. If there are good players here, why wouldn't we want them?

Reactions: VolsdeepVFL
UT has struck out over the years not landing guys like Michael Oher and not offering the likes of Dontari Poe. On the flip side we have struck gold with players like Cedric Wilson & Dan Williams. Recruiting Memphis is a necessity. Pruitt should continue to recruit Mtown if legit d1 prospects in that area have interest in UT.

Last edited:
UT has struck out over the years not landing guys like Michael Oher and not offering the likes of Dontari Poe. On the flip side we have struck gold with players like Cedric Wilson & Dan Williams. Recruiting Memphis is a necessity. Pruitt should continue to recruit Mtown if legit d1 prospects in that area have interest in UT.
Tennessee recruited Poe until they and everybody else thought there was no possible way to get him in school

Tennessee recruited Poe until they and everybody else thought there was no possible way to get him in school

Are the academic standards at Memphis much different than UT? UT has signed some players in the past that could barely read.

We get beat by a lot of Memphis kids attending Bama and Ole Miss. Just no way any in state kid ought be bypassed by UT because it's on the other end of the state.

Tennessee continues to have strong dialogue with all three Whitehaven prospects. The trio is scheduled to officially visit Arkansas this weekend, but it’s unclear if Bryson Eason or Tamarion McDonald will actually make the trip. Even if they go, their families are done taking visits, per sources.

-VQ

VN Store

Back