‘23 TN LB Arion Carter (Tennessee)

I get that but they don’t have to overpay when they can get someone close to the same skill level. I don’t think it came down to just NIL anyway

Who cares

We’re gonna get him and we are gonna have a top 10 class. And we haven’t even really got into the portal yet. Don’t care what Bama is doing. And our head guy can coach his ass off.

I get that but they don’t have to overpay when they can get someone close to the same skill level. I don’t think it came down to just NIL anyway
It will always be NIL. ALWAYS. Goes for fans everywhere, it has to be NIL. Especially for Bama fans when they are used to getting whoever they want.

Not sure why you react this way... but Bama can throw a lot at him without even feeling it in their "bank".
That’s not a reaction. It’s a reply to a reply. I’m just very objective and try to use logic when thinking about things. No need to get defensive. I love the Vols and only the Vols

Reactions: orange beard
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That’s not a reaction. It’s a reply to a reply. I’m just very objective and try to use logic when thinking about things. No need to get defensive. I love the Vols and only the Vols
Well. You implied that the reason he may not go with Bama is that they can't/won't throw a lot of NIL money at him. That because they have a top 3 class anyway they just blew him off. It is OK if that's not what you meant. But that's the way it read.

They're among the programs who have money to "waste" in NIL. IMO, the worth of NIL is that all the money is above table and other programs, like UT, can compete on the same level if fans and boosters support it.

Man...this LBer haul in this class is something...

Herring
Smith
Telander

And now add Carter to the fold..... im sorry but that is elite.
I'm going to agree that this has the potential to be an elite haul of LB's that helps establish a new era of UT football.

But the stargazers cannot be consistent and agree with you. From a "star" stand point... this is mediocre... maybe even falling behind.

This is the backhanded **** that everyone outside of their fanbase is fed up with. Saban and Bama going to blame NIL every time they get beat out on a recruit? It can never be that a kid liked a school, staff, future teammates etc. better than Bama or that a coach, staff, current players etc. did a better job of recruiting them. It always comes down to $ in their eyes.

This is the backhanded **** that everyone outside of their fanbase is fed up with. Saban and Bama going to blame NIL every time they get beat out on a recruit? It can never be that a kid liked a school, staff, future teammates etc. better than Bama or that a coach, staff, current players etc. did a better job of recruiting them. It always comes down to $ in their eyes.

That's because their entire tradition was built by $$$. Now everyone else can do it.

Well. You implied that the reason he may not go with Bama is that they can't/won't throw a lot of NIL money at him. That because they have a top 3 class anyway they just blew him off. It is OK if that's not what you meant. But that's the way it read.

They're among the programs who have money to "waste" in NIL. IMO, the worth of NIL is that all the money is above table and other programs, like UT, can compete on the same level if fans and boosters support it.
My only point is that they don’t need to get into an NIL bidding war at this point with the recruits they have and can get. I could be wrong but that my opinion

I'm going to agree that this has the potential to be an elite haul of LB's that helps establish a new era of UT football.

But the stargazers cannot be consistent and agree with you. From a "star" stand point... this is mediocre... maybe even falling behind.
It’s not what Georgia’s is, but they’re on a completely different level than anything I’ve ever seen in LB recruiting. They have 3 top 5 LBs committed which is insane. Ours is right behind them though. I still don’t see how Smith isn’t a top 20 LB and Telander is as low as he is

Just think about this guys, he is legit, not just the tape..... Consider his competition: Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman......... He was playing big boy high school ball in the toughest area in Tennessee and was standing out doing it.

Bring on the boom!

It’s not what Georgia’s is, but they’re on a completely different level than anything I’ve ever seen in LB recruiting. They have 3 top 5 LBs committed which is insane. Ours is right behind them though. I still don’t see how Smith isn’t a top 20 LB and Telander is as low as he is
I don’t know about the other 2, but Allen wouldn’t be a top 5 lb if he had comitted elsewhere.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back