‘23 TN LB Arion Carter (Tennessee)

From a Bama "Senior Recruiting Reporter":

Carter enjoyed his official visit to Alabama. The culture in Tuscaloosa and their focus on school plus football appealed to him. A big part of Bama's pitch was To'oto'o's impending departure. Nothing really too surprising here.

Tennessee is still putting on the full-court press with Carter. Heupel spoke with him on the phone on Sunday (the day his OV ended) then visited him on Monday. Coach Golding will be by to see him on Thursday. We'll probably have a firmer idea of where things stand with Bama after that meeting with Golding or this weekend.

I still have yet to put in a prediction. Think it's very tight between Bama and UT.

And now............. he is announcing on Wednesday. Interesting

Gumps jus got the no. 1 edge rusher in the country yesterday. Did NIL have an effect? If UT gets Carter it has to be NIL.I call BS bigtime.Gumps have no. 1 class again and no funds are ever involved,they just love them some of the little short dude,who knows how to line dance.It all is sickening !Saban after UT Game.jpeg

NIL is going to be the excuse for everyone when they lose a recruit now. Not like Bama didn’t throw the bank at him too.

I read it as Bama really wanted him, but they didn’t want him as bad as UT did. Maybe we did come in with better NIL. That’d be good for us that we can flex on Bama like that when Heupel feels he needs it.

This class has some serious dudes.

giphy.gif

Does this also mean he is EE and going through bowl practice? I know that was up in the air as of a few days ago.
The only hangup on that was his original desire to announce at his All-Star game. With him PUBLICLY announcing his decision tomorrow, that’s no longer an issue.

VN Store

Back