‘23 TN K Max Gilbert (Tennessee commit)

200.gif

His announcement comes just three days after the Vols offered him. "For me and my family, we're over the moon," Gilbert told the Commercial Appeal. "I couldn't be more excited to be a part of that historic program. It feels like a dream come true."

He said he had been recruited by Tennessee for over a year. When they offered him to be a preferred walkon, he added he wasn't going to wait to accept. "What they outlined to me is I'm going to come in and the spot's available to compete for the job," Gilbert said. "Right now, it's a preferred walk-on, but I think it's winner (of the starting job) gets the scholarship type of deal."

Tennessee lands in-state kicker Max Gilbert

His announcement comes just three days after the Vols offered him. "For me and my family, we're over the moon," Gilbert told the Commercial Appeal. "I couldn't be more excited to be a part of that historic program. It feels like a dream come true."

He said he had been recruited by Tennessee for over a year. When they offered him to be a preferred walkon, he added he wasn't going to wait to accept. "What they outlined to me is I'm going to come in and the spot's available to compete for the job," Gilbert said. "Right now, it's a preferred walk-on, but I think it's winner (of the starting job) gets the scholarship type of deal."
Tennessee lands in-state kicker Max Gilbert
IMO, come in, win the job, get your NIL deal, don't worry about the scholarship.

Reactions: HeadVol77

VN Store

Back