'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

giphy.gif

BGS is spot on here. VQ has said it multiple times now that Russell is an absolute take.

But they’ve also said were taking 3 more after the Gibbs transfer. And that DW is obviously one. Very likely we end up with HT. And we’re only turning Cox away if we get a “royal flush” (I think that’s how they phrased it) aka Pickens wants in.

Basically yeah they have said he’s a take and I’m not arguing with that but they’ve also said we take three more with his name not mentioned so who knows

But they’ve also said were taking 3 more after the Gibbs transfer. And that DW is obviously one. Very likely we end up with HT. And we’re only turning Cox away if we get a “royal flush” (I think that’s how they phrased it) aka Pickens wants in.

Basically yeah they have said he’s a take and I’m not arguing with that but they’ve also said we take three more with his name not mentioned so who knows
I think it would be down to Russell and Pickens if that's the case, maybe Cox? I dunno, I just feel like LB is a slightly bigger need than DL with where this class stands. The two LBs you'd have (Crouch, HT) both suffered injuries their senior seasons. I don't think they're injury-prone by any means, but it would be nice to have another LB in this class. You already have three D-linemen signed and are on several highly-rated D-linemen in the 2020 class too.

I'd be fine with any of those finishes, though. Give me DW, HT, and either Russell, Cox, or Pickens and I'd be happy.

Reactions: Vol Main
Neither Russell or Pickens are BS candidates. i just off what i hear Vq dudes say. both have tons of other options and are at pos of need.

i think any non-ee is up to be a blueshirt at this point. Id guess spots beyond 22 would be a blueshirt and we only have 2-3 blueshirts available. Already up to 21 in this class with the 2 transfers.

He has a spot. Idk where that narrative is coming from. Russell has a spot for sure.
Don’t forget Roman Harrison at OLB. Plus Banks will be an ILB.

We just offered Cox’s teammate (co 21 iirc) and want to get good with AL schools so I don’t think we’d git a long time commit like Cox.
It’s BPA with 3-4 remaining spots.

1) Darnell Wright
2) Henry To’oto’o
3) George Pickens
4) Chris Russell
5) Anthony Harris (rumor is they may try to Blueshirt here)
6) LeDarius Cox
7) Jammie Robinson

I think we will take 3 in that order, unless we somehow land the “royal flush” and sign all of the top 4. Maybe blue shirt Harris but the only way we wind up with Cox or Robison is if we miss on two of HT/CR/GP.

That’s where I think we are right now.

You know, it amazes me that some of you want him to go to Arky. There is more to him with talent than just speed, agility, and hitting someone. He can catch a football with his hands, defend the field on the pass, and can jump really high. I’ve seen plenty of times where he has intercepted the ball with one hand in mid air, more than once. He has great vision on the field, and even though his film doesn’t show all of it, you guys have to watch him play defense. You really don’t want him going anywhere else, because he is going to be a steal for us, and I promise you this, when he comes here, you are going to enjoy watching him play on the field. I can guarantee you that.👍😇👌

You know, it amazes me that some of you want him to go to Arky. There is more to him with talent than just speed, agility, and hitting someone. He can catch a football with his hands, defend the field on the pass, and can jump really high. I’ve seen plenty of times where he has intercepted the ball with one hand in mid air, more than once. He has great vision on the field, and even though his film doesn’t show all of it, you guys have to watch him play defense. You really don’t want him going anywhere else, because he is going to be a steal for us, and I promise you this, when he comes here, you are going to enjoy watching him play on the field. I can guarantee you that.👍😇👌

Thanks for the heads up

Reactions: UTSuave’
Well they took that right out of the State Gazette article ForkedDeerVol posted Saturday, didn't they? So nothing sounds like he's a definite Vol lean. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Oh! I know a lot more that is really going, trust me. I really haven’t posted everything I know here, because I’m not going to get that personal. What I can tell you is, is that he is ready for his visit on Rocky Top.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Well they took that right out of the State Gazette article ForkedDeerVol posted Saturday, didn't they? So nothing sounds like he's a definite Vol lean. Guess we will have to wait and see.
And I wouldn’t go that far anyways, a lot of things are just to personal to discuss here.

I don't care where this young man goes. But, Orange Defense, you can go the **** on.

VN Store

Back